What's new

The Gun that doen't exist, what would you like to have?

Most of the guns I'd like to shoot existed at some point, some live on as replica's (Uberti's Colt Walker/Dragoon), others still exist as rare antiquities that may or may not be to old to fire.
Again, I am a Sucker for guns like The Fairfax-Gabbet-Mars, the Steyr-Mannlicher, the Bergman-Bayard, the Mauser C96, the Bitnner Pistol, the Luger, the Schonberger-Laumann and similar guns of the era, some of which are no more than obscure prototypes.

I would love to shoot a Vulcanic Arms Repeating Pistol, but these have very weird bullets*, so a "replica" that fires conventional ammo would be welcome.

*these bullets look like conventional bullets with the back hollowed out, the propellant is fitted in the cavity.

Last edited:
A short barreled hammer double barrel shotgun for home defense, that wasn't made in a Chinese scrap iron factory.

A top break revolver chambered in 32 magnum or some other modern caliber.

I'd like to have a couple of guns back that I sold some years ago. One was a Taurus 2" 5-shot .357 with a ported barrel. That was a sweet-shooting little gun. The other was a 4-inch 7-shot Taurus .357 with a satin steel finish.

proxy.php

Ps-90 chambered in .22 LR

As I mentioned, I have weak spot for rare, weird and antique early selfloading pistols.
So, in this case, not necessarily the "Gun that doesn't exist", but the "ammo that doesn't exists" (anymore).
$mars.jpg
The Gabbet-Fairfax-Mars Pistol,
I would love to see this gun shoot. The magazine has a roof, so the bullet cannot be pushed into the barrel by the return of the slide, instead, a bullet is grabbed from the magazine by the bolt as the barrel assembly moves backwards -recoil operated. The barrel then slides forward first, so the spent cartridge can be ejected and the fresh one will be pushed into the chamber when the bolt returns.

Ludicrously complex, but very cool mechanics. I would love to see this in (slow motion) action. Better yet: shoot one myself.

Attachments

• $mars1.jpg
    $mars1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
[Ahnold] Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 watt range{/Ahnold]

for sci fi guns, although i do love a Federation type 2 phaser, I had a soft spot for
a Zatnikatel

a DL-44 Heavy Blaster
an E-11 Blaster Rifle
the Gungrave Gun, perhaps?
the Moses Brothers Self-Defense Engine Frontier Model B, maybe
the 30-Megahurt Definit-Kil Photrazon Cannon,

Bring back the S&W 66 2 1/2" .357 Mag. I'd love to have a stainless steel Sig P220 and P229 in the original frame...no rail.

"Reason" from Neal Stephenson's "Snow Crash" sci-fi novel.
A railgun in a rotary cannon configuration which fires depleted uranium flechettes. It is mounted to a large, wheeled ammunition box and is equipped with a harness for user comfort, a nuclear battery pack, and a water-cooled heat exchanger. It bears, in inscription on its nameplate, the Latin phrase Ultima Ratio Regum, "the last argument of kings".
Excerpt:
Fisheye is up on his knees now and has torn away the canopy and space blanket that have covered him until this point. In one hand he is holding a long device a couple of inches in diameter, which is the source of the whirring noise. It is a circular bundle of parallel tubes about pencil-sized and a couple of feet long, like a miniaturized Gatling gun. It whirs around so quickly that the individual tubes are difficult to make out... The device is attached to a wrist-thick bundle of black tubes and cables that snake down into the large suitcase... The suitcase has a built-in color monitor screen with graphics giving information about the status of the weapon system...

"See, I told you they'd listen to Reason," Fisheye says, shutting down the whirling gun.

"... it fires these teeny little metal splinters. They go real fast - more energy than a rifle bullet. Depleted uranium."

I want a carbine no heavier than a standard M-4, with a cartridge that hits like a 550 Magnum, felt recoil of a 22 rimfire, .2 MOA accuracy out to 2000 yards, in a rifle costing no more than 500$, and ammo at 25 cents a round.

the laws of physics allow that, right?????

Like to find two... First, an affordable, reliable, American made Lever Rifle in .357 magnum with long, target bull barrel. Same in a stainless bold action. Like to have these to be able to load one round for both handguns and rifles for close range target shooting.

Like to find two... First, an affordable, reliable, American made Lever Rifle in .357 magnum with long, target bull barrel. Same in a stainless bold action. Like to have these to be able to load one round for both handguns and rifles for close range target shooting.

It already exists although the gun is made in South America. Rossi 92 I have three of them and they are as good as the Winchester of later years. They are more accurate than any Winchester.
You hear a lot of trash talk about them but it is for the most part just that trash talk. I have owned over 20 of them over the course of my life and I have never had one that didn't work just fine.

As for your bolt gun, the Ruger 77/357 is available at any gun store that sells Ruger guns.

Last edited:
Small single stack 9mm Glock. Think one is on the horizon but not announced yet.

I was disappointed when not announced at the shot show. I would like one of these too. Hear tell the grip is maid with unicorn horn and the laser pointer is a rainbow............

Top Bottom