What's new

Oh.My.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Nope. I don't have to watch for it. Every time I search for Wally Frank there is is staring back at me, like the one eyed 3 legged dogs in the ASPCA commercials.

This gem has been listed, and relisted multiple times over the last 2-3 years. The best part is the item's description.

proxy.php

You guys just don't recognize a bargain when you see it. The pipe is "NEAR MINT". The "HIGH RESOLUTION" photos show this clearly. :blink:

Sellers up their price while they are unable to ship so no one purchases, as it is cheaper than relisting.

The pipe is on sale for just over $100, quick lads!

The world, or at least eBay, is full of idiots who think things are worth vastly more than they are. There is someone on eBay Oz who was relisting the same beaten up Ropps for hundreds of dollars every 30 days. The funniest one even had an obvious wrong stem inserted upside down.

Mind you, I was in a local second hand store which had a "vintage" czech tool among a small collection of beaten up cheapo '70s pipes. The price? $29. I didn't have the heart to show him the identical new one in my pocket or tell him you can buy them for 3 for about $5 'cause I figure someone had stitched him up a treat.

How about the bargain price with the outrageous shipping fee. Guess that is called "creative advertising." I've screwed myself by not reading every line of info and carefully looking at all the pics before bidding. Now, I think know better. Emotion has a lot to do with ebay. How many times have you beat yourself up for losing a pipe? They know you'll get caught up in a bidding war if you really love the item. Then, like some of us, you overpay. Unless something is super rare and you absolutely must have it there almost always is another one that comes up for bid or buy.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
How about the bargain price with the outrageous shipping fee.

I always check the shipping fee on whatever I buy online. If it doesn't tell me until I check out (already placed the order) I don't order.

Found quite a bit of cheaper shipping...not on the bay of course...just on online orders.

Gimmick.

$50 Czech tool? By that math, I have lost enough of them to buy a Yamaha FJR

...and I've found enough to buy a decent bottle of scotch.

(In the interest of full disclosure I must admit I lost the two I found. In fact it may have been the same one twice - does that still count?)

Top Bottom