What's new

Imaginary Authors

Sweet is generally not for me. The sweetest thing I wear regularly is Caron Pour un Homme, but I often tone it down by layering it over Puig's Agua Lavanda for more lavender and less sweet. One of these days I'll find another nice forest smell for days when I don't feel like wearing Quorum, Pino Silvestre, or Agua Brava. Still, I might need to order some samples from IA.

I only occasionally (rarely, actually) wear IA fragrances. I have most of the line in sample bottles. The Cobra and The Canary and The Soft Lawn get the occasional wearing. Memoirs of a Trespasser, Mosaic, Falling Into the Sea and Violet Disguise never get worn...but I like smellin them and am forwarding some of them to another B&B member to try.

They are totally worth ordering and sampling. Also, Josh is a very cool guy who enjoys discussing his fragrances and others.

So far I've tried The Soft Lawn and The Cobra and the Canary. The former is reminiscent of Guerlain Vetiver, to me. The latter has the Bvlgari Black blast of rubber, to my nose. Both are very good.

I never knew IA existed until the 50% off samples offer rolled around. I ordered one of each. I've tried Falling In The Sea, Every Storm A Serenade and Bull's Blood so far. Love them all! I don't think I'll buy another brand in my life.

My rankings of Imaginary Authors scents:

1. Every Storm A Serenade
2. Bull's Blood
3. Falling Into The Sea
4. The Cobra & The Canary
5. Memoirs Of A Trespasser

I thought I should do this list while I'm trying them out and they're still fresh in my mind.

2. Bull's Blood
3. Falling Into The Sea
4. The Cobra & The Canary
5. Memoirs Of A Trespasser

I thought I should do this list while I'm trying them out and they're still fresh in my mind.

My rankings are pretty similar after one wear, although I look forward to giving them a second wear.

1. Memoirs of a Trespasser
2. Falling into the Sea
3. Every Storm a Serenade
4. The Cobra and the Canary

My rankings are pretty similar after one wear, although I look forward to giving them a second wear.

1. Memoirs of a Trespasser
2. Falling into the Sea
3. Every Storm a Serenade
4. The Cobra and the Canary

Nice! I found out I'm not really a vanilla guy. LOL.

2. Bull's Blood
3. A City On Fire
4. Falling Into The Sea
5. The Cobra & The Canary
6. Memoirs Of A Trespasser

2. Bull's Blood
3. A City On Fire
4. Falling Into The Sea
6. Memoirs Of A Trespasser

I tried Mosaic today. I feel like I can hardly smell it after an hour or so. I'll have to try this again tomorrow to properly rank it.

2. Bull's Blood
3. A City On Fire
4. Falling Into The Sea
6. Mosaic
7. Memoirs Of A Trespasser
8. Cape Heartache

I gave Mosaic another try. I really like the fragrance but it's certainly the shortest lasting of the ones I've tried so far.

I've got Cape Heartache on now and I find out has alot in common with A City On Fire which is why I've ranked it last.

2. Bull's Blood
3. A City On Fire
4. Falling Into The Sea
6. Yesterday Haze
7. Mosaic
8. Cape Heartache
9. Memoirs Of A Trespasser

2. Bull's Blood
3. A City On Fire
4. Falling Into The Sea
6. Cape Heartache
7. Yesterday Haze
8. The Soft Lawn
9. Violet Disguise
10. Mosaic
11. Memoirs Of A Trespasser

After trying all 11, here's my rough rankings. I've started going through the bottom 6 now to revise those. Then I'll do the top 5.

2. Bull's Blood
3. A City On Fire
4. Falling Into The Sea
6. Cape Heartache
7. Yesterday Haze
8. Violet Disguise
9. Mosaic
10. The Soft Lawn
11. Memoirs Of A Trespasser

I tried The Soft Lawn again yesterday and found I didn't care for the powdery scent as much as I thought.

Yes. The Cobra and the Canary is 15% off through 10/28 currently. Other fragrances have had similar deals periodically in the past.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I am surprised to say that A City on Fire frequently calls to be worn. I would not have guessed that by simply reading about all the different IA frags, but it is most intriguing. I enjoy it quite a bit.

Interested to hear reports on the latest scent ? 'soft explosions' I believe. Tried the sample pack of the others and so far would only replace Bull's Blood. Its got some serious projection and stamina.. I'll sometimes find myself in a room with other middle aged people and think 'Somebody's too old to be wearing patchouli in this crowd' and then remember 'Oh yeah I sprayed on Bull's Blood maybe 12 h ago' and then I'll smile:001_smile. Not one for the work environment but that's just fine by me. Don't dislike the other scents though. Pretty unique stuff altogether.. Will be on the lookout for the upcoming B&B member targeted sale ...

Top Bottom