What's new

B&B boar getting really funky

So I've been using my silver glitter B&B since it came out, and a couple weeks ago I started to detect a funk to it. I cleaned it with the dish detergent and vinegar method, but that didn't do much, and now it is getting worse. The lather quality isn't suffering, but man, it is starting to smell. I let it dry after every use and generally give it at least a day off, so I'm not sure what's up. Are there any other more hard core methods for cleaning out there?

I don't own a B&B boar, but i do have a couple of other boars, seems a tad odd that it would be getting the funk smell now, after all this time...i thought that usually its at the start and then wears off. Especially considering you let it dry. Not sure if you keep it in a cabinet or out in the open, but perhaps keeping it out in the open for airflow may help long term.

I have a B&B Boar and never had this problem. Make sure you are thoroughly washing it out with hot water after each use and wiping it dry with a cloth. Hold the brush vertical under the tap too to make sure to get in the center of the knot.

I'm pretty sure you can use shampoo to clean out the brush, I would try that. Also try lathering it up with dish soap and soaking in hot tap water for around 15 minutes.

Sunlight. I've tried a few "expert" methods and nothing in my experience works better than letting a brush dry in direct sunlight. After several dryings in direct sunlight - I place my funky-stink brushes in a west-facing windowsill- the funk will be gone.

I will go so far as to say, the (my) windowsill method is superior.

Last edited:
Sunlight. I've tried a few "expert" methods and nothing in my experience works better than letting a brush dry in direct sunlight. After several dryings in direct sunlight - I place my funky-stink brushes in a west-facing windowsill- the funk will be gone.

That's a challenge here lol!

But I agree that for preventing and curing mold, sunlight is a great method. I also use that to keep my camera lenses clean. Only works in the summer here though.

Top Bottom