What's new

The Badger & Blade Manover

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
- I was dragged through ten hours of torturous mall shopping.

- I was also heckled dozens of times for getting a “makeover” despite promises to the contrary.

Sounds like you we went shopping with Joel, didn't you? :wink: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
You didn\'t include a hat in your transformation, but the tricks of going from a baseball cap to a real hat ... and finding the right one for your noggin shape ... could make for an excellent second installment.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I like the before picture better. But that\'s me, J. Pierpont I'm Here to Drain the Septic Tank Ouch.

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Your shades cost more than your watch? Excellent choice. A friend sold me 2 pairs of Wayfarers for $50, glad I didn't have to buy them new

My alterations to the recommendations:

Watch: Bulova Marine Star
Pants: Levis 541 or 517s appropriately fit.
No jacket: Florida means a good flannel shirt at most in winter.
Add: Hat chosen to match the face and build. No Fedoras for those under 40.

Last edited:
Nicely done. The only thing that might be missing would be a \"priority\" list for where to start for budget reasons. Also, for the higher priced options, it\'d be interesting to know how long the item holds up compared to the less expensive items. But that would be a longer period thing. :)

Night and day difference ! Kudo's to your new makeover. I think I would have went with a boot over the shoes but that is just personal preference. Really have been interested in Lucky jeans just don't like todays trend of skinny style fits. Their Classic fit doesn't seem to follow that trend though, good to know. Just a suggestion but maybe add a scarf ? I wear one of these in the winter/fall months. http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/Mean-T-Skull-Shemagh

Very cool though, and hopefully keep up with the stylish dress. Now unlike yourself , I'm still overweight. I'm always moving forward to losing it but currently still carry 50lbs more than I should. So it is very tough to be stylish. I wear a 3xl shirt and have a 38/40 waist and a 30 inseam. So also quite a bit misshapen. I try though. This morning on my way into thru the office I happened to walk by a female coworker as she was conversing with someone (male) and she said I always make her feel underdressed with the way I dress. Then the male, whom I don't even know made a comment about how nice I looked...thought that was a bit odd but I'll take it. Now that being said, I'm in an engineering office that has a very lax business casual dress code, in Michigan. Drop me in a trendy town and office and i'm sure I'd laughed out of the building.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I'm still overweight. I'm always moving forward to losing it but currently still carry 50lbs more than I should. So it is very tough to be stylish. I wear a 3xl shirt and have a 38/40 waist and a 30 inseam. So also quite a bit misshapen. I try though.

I disagree (in the most pleasant way imaginable.)

IF you equate "athletic physique" with "stylish" then ... yes. But that isn't the case. It's still a matter of wearing clothing that "fits" ... you just need a different shape to fit. The biggest mistake I see in these circumstances is guys thinking "I'll wear something baggy to hide the fat" ... but that doesn't work.

Of course even just for health reasons you want to drop that 50 lbs, but until you do, "own" your shape and wear clothes that fit well ... the compliments you received from your co-workers tell me you are better at doing this than you may realise.

:thumbup1:

Definitely better.

One thing I've learned the last few months is just how big of an improvement a nice pair of brown shoes make. The contrast between the brown and the dark blue denim is really nice.

Top Bottom