What's new

Omega 10049 Professional

After using it for almost a year, I must write a short review.

This is by far the best value-for-money brush I have used. And puts to shame some other more expensive boar brushes (especially one Semogue which was a dissapointment).

It is quite big and I was afraid that it will "eat" the lather but it is not the case.
You can make very good face lathering with it, whether you use stick soap or classic soap.
It excells in face lathering but is also surprisingly good with the shaving cream and bowl lathering.

Overall I can recommend this brush to everyone, either beginners in wet shaving or experienced shavers.
Even beginners will have no trouble at all with making the rich lather.
Just be sure to soak it properly.

Sometimes cheap can also be good :thumbup:

Here you can see how big it is:

proxy.php

You can choose from a few colours.

proxy.php

Another similar (even slightly bigger) brush would be 10048, which is sold as Omega or rebranded as Proraso. It should also be a good choice for in its price range.

proxy.php

proxy.php

My 10049 is my most used brush. It just works well with everything. Also have a 10066, a bit more backbone, but seems a bit more fussy with some soaps.

I just picked up a 10049 because I've never tried a boar brush, only badger, and I've read a lot of positive reviews about it. For the price you can't go wrong. It even looks nice, I have the white handle. I'm impressed with how easily it produces lather with both soaps and creams, it really just whips them right up. It's soft and has backbone. The value exceeds the cost.

Last edited:
I have the 49 and do love this brush. It was my first and it's still in my rotation on a weekly basis. When I get a new soap to try, that is normally the brush that I reach for due to it's consistency.

-Josh

This was the second brush in my stable, adding it to the infamous Tweezerman brush from Amazon. The Tweezerman sits on the shelf as an honored relic, the big red Omega Pro still gets used regularly and is a soft, gem with sill lots of backbone that's a joy to use. Despite the knot size, I too found it easy to face lather with - a general all-rounder good brush.

I would equally recommend the Omega 10065/66 brush and the similar sized B&B essential brush. They both have a different feel from the big Pro brushes, but also very worthwhile.

I just picked up a 10049 because I've never tried a boar brush, only badger, and I've read a lot of positive reviews about it. For the price you can't go wrong. It even looks nice, I have the white handle. I'm impressed with how easily it produces lather with both soaps and creams, it really just whips them right up. It's soft and has backbone. The value exceeds the cost.

+1 with everything you said. I started DE shaving in December with an Edwin Jagger Best Badger. Its a good brush, but the Omega 49 whips up lather quicker with almost ANY product. I wouldnt be without my Omega 49.

I'll jump in here as I also have the Pro 49, great value for the knot you get! Looks like the cost saving was the cheap, hollow, plastic handle but the knot more than makes up for it!

Scotty B., I like what you did with it! I might have to follow your lead there but stuff that Pro 49 knot into the Omega R&B Limited Edition handle, which is solid resin (with a worthless 27mm knot)!

I'm down to two brushes. That 49 into 400, and another 400 with a TGN badger knot. I keep the badger "just in case", but the truth is I really use it once in a blue moon. The 49 should be considered a must have, and at its price, it makes for a great knot donor for projects.

After using it for almost a year, I must write a short review.

This is by far the best value-for-money brush I have used. And puts to shame some other more expensive boar brushes (especially one Semogue which was a dissapointment).

It is quite big and I was afraid that it will "eat" the lather but it is not the case.
You can make very good face lathering with it, whether you use stick soap or classic soap.
It excells in face lathering but is also surprisingly good with the shaving cream and bowl lathering.

Overall I can recommend this brush to everyone, either beginners in wet shaving or experienced shavers.
Even beginners will have no trouble at all with making the rich lather.
Just be sure to soak it properly.

Sometimes cheap can also be good [emoji106]

Here you can see how big it is:

proxy.php

You can choose from a few colours.

proxy.php

Another similar (even slightly bigger) brush would be 10048, which is sold as Omega or rebranded as Proraso. It should also be a good choice for in its price range.

proxy.php

proxy.php
+1 love my 48

Couldn't agree more. In general I think that Omega boars are the best value brushes on the planet, and the 49 is probably my all around favorite. From a pure performance standpoint, it will stand up well to even the high end badgers, at a small fraction of the cost. I like variety so I have a bunch of brushes, but really none of them outperform my ten buck 49.

I am still in love with my 49. Starting to get a weak lather. But I think I need to change up my system due to the hard water I am now living with.

The Omega 49 is a fantastic brush. Once broken in it is truly a lather machine. If you get tired of the handle the knot makes a wonderful donor for another project. I used the knot in a Rubberset 400 unmarked.

Top Bottom