What's new

Gentlemen's Knives? Anyone carry them?

Legion

Staff member
I found this little vintage/antique German knife in one of my storage boxes today. Cute little blade and mother of pearl scales. It had quite a lot of active rust, so I gave it a light restore and honed it up. Took a wicked edge.

Even the Australian cops wouldn't bust me for carrying this, right? Right??

proxy.php

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have an old Kamp King somewhere...

Every time I go in the outdoor store I browse past the knife case. Almost every time a Case has caught my eye, but the last thing I need is one more thing in the bottom of my pockets. My EDC is a CRKT M16 clipped to the inside of my pocket, and occasionally inside the waistband. I appreciate that the clip is mounted as high as possible on the scales and that only ~1/4" stick up out of my pocket.

I would like to get my wife a pink, or some other effeminate scaled folder so there is at least 1 useful thing inside the giant mom bag she carries, but my guess is that it would get burred beside the hand sanitizer or some other must lug around item that's impossible to find when you actually need it.

I found this little vintage/antique German knife in one of my storage boxes today. Cute little blade and mother of pearl scales. It had quite a lot of active rust, so I gave it a light restore and honed it up. Took a wicked edge.

Even the Australian cops wouldn't bust me for carrying this, right? Right??

Don't know man. Looks like vicious potential murder weapon to me. Better send it to me to dispose of it for you.

My current lineup:

Spyderco Resilience - A huge, flat ground beast. Only for camping or in a few, select countries I travel to for work. It takes an edge easily, but seems to lose it just as easily.

Fury - An antique store find - it has my initials engraved in it, so it must be meant for me! Makes a less threatening presence in business meetings or more formal get togethers

Camillus Rigging knife - my true EDC. Sheep's foot blade of VG-10, G-10 scales, perfectly tapered marlin spike for working with lines. Also, both the blade and the spike lock (rare in rigging knives). The lanyard is a single, 18ft piece of 2mm orange accessory cord with reflective tracers attached to the bail and an S-biner that attaches to a belt loop, just long enough to let the knife hang out of sight in most pockets. The very slight smile to the blade makes it feel larger than it's actual length (2.75 inches if memory serves). Can be found for $25-30 on Amazon, so a great deal! Amazon link

Gerber Multi Tool - usually lives in the glove box of my truck.

Attachments

• $2015-05-12 06.47.35.jpg
    $2015-05-12 06.47.35.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Any knife could be a gentleman's knife. I suppose this is my most politically-correct folding knife.
Have had this one for a few years and haven't had to sharpen it once! Got to love Benchmade steel.

proxy.php

Being retired, my preferred blue-jean carry knife is a Spyderco Delica 4. If I have to wear a suit or slacks, my "gentleman's knife" is a Case mini-copperlock.

$Case Mini CopperLock.jpg

proxy.php

Just in the mail, an Opinel No8 with bubinga handle. This one has a mirror polished, stamped blade. Inox stainless steel.

A uniquely built knife, fit for any gentlemanly duty, at a price that won't break the bank (about $30 shipped).

Top Bottom