What's new

Fix for leaky X750?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
As noted in another thread, I'd experienced some ink leakage from the front of the section on a couple of Jinhao X750s, which seems to have temporarily improved by re-seating the nib and feeds. Is there anything else to be done? Can you judiciously apply some silicone grease without impairing ink flow to the nib? If so, how and where? Any other techniques?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Ink is coming from the very front of the section where the nib and feed are inserted, in other words, it seems to be leaking around the feed. Re-seating the nib and feed seems to help. I suspect that this is only a temporary fix. There is no leaking inside the pen body, such as around the converter, only from the front of the section. Oh, and after inking the pen, I did remove excess ink with a paper towel.

Have you tried replacing the feed. The plastic feeds are fairly common and might be the cause of the issue. QC and all that being what it is. Or isn't.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Have you tried replacing the feed. The plastic feeds are fairly common and might be the cause of the issue. QC and all that being what it is. Or isn't.

What replacement feeds are available for use in the X750 and where can I obtain one.

The plastic feeds are used on a ton of Chinese pens. You may ask the folks at Goulet or xfountainpens to see if they have some extras laying about. Heck, I probably have an extra laying about....PM me your address and I will drop one off to you.

5 mm feed or nib for jinhao 250 /500 / 599
6 mm feed or nib for jinhao 450/ 750 /159

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Very cool, I may hold off on replacing the feeds for now, the pens have seemed to stop leaking and as I intend to play around with several nib styles, I may wait to see what happens, what problems crop up with each nib. I just ordered them, I'm bound to chew up some feeds while tinkering.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I ordered the feeds listed in the ebay link, but they have yet to arrive. I haven't used my Jinhao or Bulow clone much, but they seem to have stopped leaking.

5 mm feed or nib for jinhao 250 /500 / 599 /baoer 507 eight horses / HERO 901
6 mm feed or nib for jinhao 450/ 750 /159

Top Bottom