What's new

BOTD - Beer Of The Day - 2015

Northern Brewer Synchronicity Extraordinaire Wheaten Saison. Testing out the carbonation level after one week of bottle conditioning.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439865989.900421.jpg

That homebrew looks pretty tasty!

Tonight is a selection from Odd Side Ales.

Ain't no Sunshine When Saison

Sticky Icky Icky

El Dankerino

My favorite beer this year HAD been Not Your Father's Root Beer. I fell in love, and made sure to stock up when I found a decent supply, as it was flying off the shelves...

$11424730_1100649429994903_1441716742_n.jpg

This past weekend, my loyalty shifted when I found Coney Island Hard Root Beer (brewed by Sam Adams).

$HRB-Product.png

Similar spice notes, but nowhere near as sugary sweet. Much easier to drink multiple bottles. Definitely my favorite.

I need to try a hard root beer. Though I don't expect it to be my regular drink. I'm also craving a root beer float made with one. :)

Last night, I enjoyed a Kentucky Rye Barrel IPA from Alltech. I will admit that this tasted better on tap than it did in the bottle, but still pretty good. This bottle had a VERY strong vanilla nose, and almost some strawberry to it as well. The rye and hops really hit you up front, bu the finish was more vanilla/oak from the barrel. Not for everyday drinking, but pretty good when the time is right.

Top Bottom