What's new

First shave with a Feather

First, due to Feather blades' reputation I consider this a milestone. In that regard I must thank B&B and its users for the valuable input.

I feel like I'm the only shaver that's waited patiently to try my pack of Feathers--They've been sitting in my shave den for nearly six months while I've been busy working on lathering and shave technique (and dabbling in straight razors).

My initial experience is mixed. I felt that Feathers are significantly sharper than my go-to (Derbys) although not necessarily more comfortable. I did not get any burning or unusual irritation but I also didn't get quite as close as I expected. However this was my first Feather and I'm not discounting them--I'll continue to use them until I get some results I consider to be definitive.

Thanks again to everyone that helped make my first Feather shave nick/cut/bump/burn free! :thumbsup:

-Michael

I had a similar experience recently. my first feather shave wasnt that great. the next few were fantastic. i was pointed towards corking the blade as a technique to skip the bad first few shaves straight to the good ones.

Haha, I tried that with some other blades in the past. Of course now that I've discarded all my good styrofoam this is a perfect time to re-investigate! :lol:

I admire your patience in waiting that long to try the Feathers. Great blades; they just require a little more concentration than others and are quicker to let you know if you made a mistake.

As for corking... there are quite a few people here who are in favor, and quite a few who say it makes no difference. Here's an idea based on something that one of the members (it's a memory stretch, but it may have been Ouch) suggested.

Ask a friend or family member to cork three blades for you on one edge only. Get them to number the three blades and randomly mark the three edges. They keep a record of which side was corked and which side wasn't. You keep a record of which side was smoother or easier on your skin. Then compare the two records. That should tell you if corking works for you or not.

Cheers

Jeremy

My first Feather was corked, and I found it to be more forgiving than a Swede. So the next one was used straight from the pack, no corking..........and another great shave, and no blood, no irritation, just BBS. Maybe my technique is improving, or my skin just agrees with them, but I really don't see why everyone fears 'The Feather'. I love 'em, and so far they are my 'goto' blade.
Cork 'em and give 'em a go........it's just a blade, but does a better job than most! :thumbup:

Top Bottom