What's new

International Pipe Smoking Day - Feb. 20, 2015

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
proxy.php

WE ENVISION A WORLDWIDE COMMUNION of pipe-smokers that is bound together by a shared love for pipe-smoking, mutual respect, and goodwill • We envision a society that respects the informed choice and adult use of smoking tobacco • We envision a world where governments act in good faith and integrity, and have the political will and personal courage to express their values appropriately through legislative means • This means that as a group we are united and strong in our beliefs, have understanding, patience, wisdom, enjoy the philosophical aspect of pipe-smoking, and seek to promote pipe-smoking as part of a lifestyle that can be thoroughly enjoyable to adults through the responsible use of tobacco.

MISSION
To foster links across the globe in honor of friendship, benevolence, and tranquility; and to
celebrate the fraternity of pipe-smokers across all borders.

PURPOSE
On this day we will take a breather and celebrate the noble art of pipe-smoking and the noble
spirit which pervades the brother/sisterhood of the briar. We will put into practice the time-
honored and ancestral traditions of raising our pipes in toast to each other in the evening in
unison and, thus, share a bowl together.

PHILOSOPHY
Today’s hectic environment almost dictates that we run on full efficiency, have total involvement in
our work, our families and in every aspect of what we do to survive and achieve in a world set at high
speed.• With ever-changing values it is the intent that The International Pipe-Smoking Day will allow
us, the Brothers and Sisters of the Briar to step back and appreciate our rich historical value. • For
pipe-smokers and pipe-smoking everywhere the day will be emblematic of our shared values, history,
traditions, and aspirations.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
2 weeks to go. Better start thinking how to celebrate.

What's to think about?

I'm going to do what I'm doing right now...smoking a pipe. :biggrin1:

Ahh, you have a point. What beverage to go with it on a Friday night.

And then there is the conundrum of which tobacco to go with which beverage...or vice versa.

Nawww, I'll just grab whatever 'baccy I feel like, and same with the beverage. Why make it complicated is my thought. :thumbup:

I think I'm going to crack that tin of BBF from the 90's.

Although, for a lot of us, every day is International Pipe Smoking Day :laugh:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This just begs to get a herf going...that covers all time zones worldwide.

I really wish this were in a month when it wasn't freezing outside.

Awww, come on Jason...improvise, adapt, and overcome. :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I just wish my financial outlook was merely as bad as last year, then I could take advantage if there's another seriously good IPSD bonus deal at P&C or similar.

I just wish my financial outlook was merely as bad as last year, then I could take advantage if there's another seriously good IPSD bonus deal at P&C or similar.

Mine's pretty bad, as well... still, I do have some penneis saved up... hrm.... I've never been accused of being responsible. lol

Last year I happened to be on the phone with JR Boswell on pipe smoking day not realizing it was until something caught my eye during the conversation and I wished him a happy pipe smoking day. He replied that he didn't know it was until that day himself, and then said he didn't take note to it because "every day is pipe smoking day".

:thumbup:

Also so still thankful for a very generous gift from a great friend here that arrived as a result of pipe day. Looking forward to having a smoke that day with best wishes to all.

Wow, it has been a LONG while since I've been on! But, if you guys build an all time zone Herf.... I will come. lol.

*Edit: GMT +1 in Spain here.

I have to wear like 50 layers when it's sub 50 degrees. I'm a slow smoker, so my pipes last like two to three hours depending on bowl size. If I rush, it's like 90 minutes.

Commander Quan

What about a 24 hour herf.

We set up 48 half hour blocks and try to fill each one with members smoking in different timezones around the world. If we go 2400-2400 Eastern Standard Time that should give the Aussies and the other members where it is already tomorrow enough time to wake up, and get ready, and fill some early time slots, and our Hawaiian friends can fill the later ones.

OF course multiple people can sign up for the same slot, and can fill more than on 30 minute block.

We set up 48 half hour blocks and try to fill each one with members smoking in different timezones around the world. If we go 2400-2400 Eastern Standard Time that should give the Aussies and the other members where it is already tomorrow enough time to wake up, and get ready, and fill some early time slots, and our Hawaiian friends can fill the later ones.

OF course multiple people can sign up for the same slot, and can fill more than on 30 minute block.
That would be great! Since the 20th is a Friday, my night is open! There are some friends on here I'd love the opportunity to hang out with. What do you think we'd use, Google+?

Commander Quan

That's an idea.

I just envisioned us signing up for various time slots and doing it on our own, so that somewhere in the world one of us was smoking a pipe for 24 hours straight.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista

That sounds like a great idea, Derrick. I just got a shipment in today of baccy...C&D Bayou Morning, GLP Telegraph Hill, Escudo, Irish Oak, Irish Flake, Squadron Leader, Nightcap...I think that's all...except for some pipe cleaners and reamer.

Right now jarring up some Bayou Morning, of which I am smoking a bowl of right now. That will give it a couple of weeks to sit in the mason jar and see how it is then.

Ummm, what's Google +?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

This sounds good. Friday is a work day for me, and I get off at 2300 central time.

on edit: I could join an early slot before I go to work (1500) and join the late night guys, too.

Top Bottom