What's new

2015 Formula 1 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is thinking about going to Austin for the race. This would be his first time at a F1, or any car race for that matter. Does anyone here have any familiarity with the track in Austin and/or advice for him regarding seats, whether General Admission is a huge mistake, or anything else relating to going to the race? TIA!

I went to the race in Austin last year and while GA is a good deal, plan on being there super early to get a good spot on race day. I had seats in turn 5 that allowed for a good amount of viewing time of the cars. As was stated before, turn 1 is a very exciting place to be, but again be prepared to camp out early for a good spot.

Silverstone this weekend. I feel like Charlie Brown preparing to kick the football. Quixotically optimistic...certain that this time it's going to be great despite all that's happened before.

$Charlie-Brown-kick.jpg

At least we get to kick the ball once in a while.

As a new fan, or a serious one of F1. I find it totally unfair to announce the out of bounds rule the day of qualifying. No mention of this in practice
. Was this not a surprise, the F1 directors have always left me dissatisfied over the past few years. I thought it would have been a better show to let them use the curb. What is going to be the (repeat offender rule) on race day? Loving the F1 app for keeping up. Nice job for Williams.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
As a new fan, or a serious one of F1. I find it totally unfair to announce the out of bounds rule the day of qualifying. No mention of this in practice
. Was this not a surprise, the F1 directors have always left me dissatisfied over the past few years. I thought it would have been a better show to let them use the curb. What is going to be the (repeat offender rule) on race day? Loving the F1 app for keeping up. Nice job for Williams.

I don't have a problem with the enhanced enforcement for qualifying, but I share your concern with the questions regarding interpretation of and penalties for repeat offenders on Sunday. They never seem to be as vague as when they attempt to be clear.

For all the advancements in safety and crash survivability, it is still a sport which requires it's participants to risk their lives. So sad.

I had a feeling about this, it has been way to quiet and no mention of it recently on the pre-shows, indeed sad

Yep, I see some #forzajules tweets from Fernando Alonso, but that's about the extent of it. Same can be said for Schumi- although the European tabloids seem to falsely report on his condition fairly often.

ouch

A horrible and completely preventable crash that caused the first race related death since Senna.

No one will race with #17 again- the number has been retired.

ouch

That was, by far, the most entertaining race in quite a while. Given the positions ten laps from the end, I can't believe that Hammy picked up points on Nico. An absolutely stunning turn of events.

Poor Kimi!

Certainly would hate to be a print journalist covering todays race. Maybe the editor would give one the space. I to wished Kimi had finished strong. I would like to see the pilots of the Silver Arrows react differently to adversity. Certainly have been getting our moneys worth this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom