What's new

2015 Formula 1 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Honda engine is really struggling, then, so is the Renault. Interesting that red bull have been knocked back in trying to get the Mercedes package.

So this was my first season really watching F1 and its been fascinating. Can't believe I waited this long to get into it!

What is everyone going to do when the season ends in a couple of weeks??!!

So this was my first season really watching F1 and its been fascinating. Can't believe I waited this long to get into it!

What is everyone going to do when the season ends in a couple of weeks??!!

Welcome to the club! It's been a good enough season for Ferrari. Maybe in a year or two Hamilton, Rosberg, and Mercedes will see Ferrari pass them by. I'm a Raikkonen fan, ever since his rookie season, so I'm hoping. As for the off season, there's still football for several more weeks. After that the Sunday hikes turn into all day death marches...

pretty good end to the season, if not a very exciting race. Great track and the sun to dark race is pretty cool to watch. Admittedly, my love of Ferrari cars led me to follow their team more than the others, though I like how social the Williams team is, particularly Graeme Hackland. Actually, an interview with him about the technical components of their cars, and the data from them, is what originally drew me in to watch F1 in the first place.

I would be happy to see Ferrari make a comeback, and they have shown glimpses of that this year. I am interested in watching the off season antics and personnel moves and waiting until March for racing to start again! Very excited also to see Haas next year.

I think Ferrari will have some surprises next year, and the off season Bingo Game with drivers is always fun. Haas should be an interesting addition, although I don't expect much for the 1st year, but it is good to have a US team in the field again.

I think Ferrari will have some surprises next year, and the off season Bingo Game with drivers is always fun. Haas should be an interesting addition, although I don't expect much for the 1st year, but it is good to have a US team in the field again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Haas fighting for position on track with Toro Rosso, Sauber, and Lotus/Renault. They're going about this in a very different way than has been done before, and I think they're going to find themselves in the middle, rather than the back of, the pack.

The real wild card for next year is McLaren. Honda knows where their weaknesses are, it's just a question of how much they can address it in the offseason. They fact that they scored any points at all, despite being so down on power, tells you their chassis was pretty good, and we know they have great drivers. If Honda can deliver the power, they could be up there with Williams and Red Bull, not quite into Mercedes and Ferrari territory. I don't think that will happen, but it's not impossible.

Did the issues with Red Bull and Renault, ever get resolved, that could be interesting if the rumor is true that Ferrari is going to supply the powerplant

Did the issues with Red Bull and Renault, ever get resolved, that could be interesting if the rumor is true that Ferrari is going to supply the powerplant

Both Ferrari and MB have said they won't supply Red Bull with engines. (Though I believe Ferrari will start supplying Toro Rosso with engines again).

There's supposed to be an announcement this week, but the rumor is that Renault will supply the engines, which will be rebadged as Infinity engines, and Red Bull will develop them further in house. So Renault supplies the engine, and any upgrades and changes are up to RB to figure out.

We'll find out soon (I hope) if that turns out to be the case (though Red Bull has confirmed that they do have an engine deal in place, just not with who).

The real wild card for next year is McLaren. Honda knows where their weaknesses are

Agreed, 1000 times this. The severe restrictions on tech development during the season are just absolutely stupid (did I just inadvertently quote David Hobbs?). Having been out of the game for a bit and having to jump in with an un-race tested hybrid engine platform, I think Honda were a bit unprepared for just how negatively they would be affected by current regulations. Last time they were in F1 progressive development was a factual necessity in staying competitive. Now they basically have to box up engines in March and cross their fingers for a year.

It was pretty humbling for a company with an impressive pedigree to suffer such an ignoble reentry into F1. Nando calling them out in the Japanese GP was a slap they won't soon forget.

And Ron Dennis is simply too evil to allow the condition to persist for another season and will ask his friend Satan to intervene if necessary.

I love this shot. Senna schooling The "Professor".
$88JP_033-860x430.jpg

Last edited:
For a glimpse into the brilliance and character of Ron Dennis, take a peek here:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom...-ron-dennis-on-mclarens-annus-horribilis.html

Who wouldn't want such a man at the helm?

I don't think anyone would argue that he's not the right man for the job right now at McLaren. He'll have the team where he wants it and do it smash mouth. But it must be quite a chore to suffer the man. He kind of reminds me of Bernie at Brabham back in the '70's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom