What's new

What's in your current shaving soap/cream rotation?

Just thought it'd be interesting to know what my fellow B&B brothers are using in their current soap/cream rotations. Just to see the different idea's out there. I've heard some of you guys use certain products seasonally vs every week use so I was wondering what you guys use and how you use them, or better yet how do you change your rotations.

My current Shave soap/cream rotation...

L'Oocitane cade - This scent is subtle, and just pleasant
TOBS Jermyn st. - Gives that scent of confidence
Soap commander Wisdom - My daughters love this scent on me
Cella - Im addicted to the scent TBH lol
MWF - The post shave feel and lather explosion only the fat can deliver
Tabac - Had to try it based on reviews but slowly became a lover of this soap, even the scent
TOBS Eton College - Just a fresh clean scent
Catie's Bubbles LPV making its debut in my rotation yesterday which took me months of trying to find it in stock to get my hands on.

I did this system, in order to not use the same soap/cream more than once every two weeks, ensuring product longevity and never getting bored plus all of these are amazing performers.

SO whats in your shave rotation, and why?

Barrister and Mann Lavanille
Le Pere Lucien Lavender & Vetiver

and twenty-thirty great soaps I'm not using for the time being

Martin de Candre, Razorock Ze peppino and XXX, Phoenix Cavendish and Bay rum+ coconut, Bodyshop Macaroot shaving cream, Tabac shaving cream are in regular use.

And around 10 more are not in active rotation......

DR Harris Arlington, Cyril R Salter citrus croap, Proraso green in tube, and been liking the Arko .. Have several Stirling samples on the way to try out that I'm excited about

Cella and I have a little VDH Deluxe left over. When the VDH is gone then Cella! I'm a minimalist!

Current Rotation?

Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Strop Shoppe Carnaby
Strop Shoppe Via dell'Ambra
RazoRock P160
RazoRock XXX
Tiki Bar Black Spruce
Panna Crema Vetiver
TOBS Grapefruit
TOBS Jermyn Street

I've also got a few on standby.

Castle and Forbes - unscented preshave
Castle and Forbes - Lime shaving cream
Castle and Forbes - Lime Aftershave balm
DR Harris Arlington Aftershave - Sandalwood

I do it a bit differently. I have 4 favorite soap makers, but I have several soaps from each of them. I rotate artisans and pick one of their scents for my daily shave.

1. Cold River Select (Lavender; Puro Fresco; Paradise)
2. Soap Commander (Respect; Love)
3. Strop Shoppe (Rosemary/Mint)
4. Through the Fire Fine Craft (Extinguish; Kindling; Wisp)

My one commercial soap, I Coloniali Mango, sneaks into the rotation now and again.

Currently, I am 3017'ing a puck of Trumper's Lime just to use it up. On deck are:

MdC Fougere
T&H 1805
Trumper's Coconut
Sapon de Barbera
C.O. Bigelow
Proraso green
Williams

Last edited:
Proraso Red for bowl lathering (when I have the time)

Palmolive stick for face lathering (quick shaves)

I'm 3017ing the remains of a Speick stick before I go back to Wickham Super Smooth (English Rose) and Martin de Candre. I may attempt to 3017 the Wickham but, equally, I may just rotate between them as I have been doing for a couple of months. I also have a bottle of Aesop shaving serum which is quite good when I want to rush through a tidy up shave - mainly used at the gym.

Current rotation:
Tabac Stick- see signature
Ian S. Lavender Fields soap- subtle scent, good lather
Institute Karite SC- good lather, great post shave moisturizing
Body Shop Maca Root SC- mounds of lather, excellent post shave moisturizing, inexpensive

Currently in rotation are:

Forge and Foundry's Lavendar & Bergamot soap
Arko shave stick
Macca Root Shave Cream
CO Bigelow Shave Cream
Nivea Sensitive Shave Cream
Old Spice (Shulton) Musk Shaving Cream
Arko Shaving Cream

And I have some other soaps that are awaiting their turn for entrance into the rotation.

To be truthful, I don't really have a true rotation. I just do "I feel like using this today" in the morning.

Stirling Sharp dressed man
Stirling curveball
Stirling Orange chill
Stirling bay rum
Razorock XXX
Razorock X
Cella
M bomb with all of them

Shave sticks, in order of frequency:
Lea
Arko
La Toja
Palmolive

Tubes of cream:
Proraso blue
C O Bigelow
Arko maximum comfort**

I always do a superlather, so I use one item from each list every time.

=================

** This item is still in transit to my house, and should be here by the end of the week. Once it arrives, I expect the Arko stick to regain the #1 spot in my soap rotation.

Top Bottom