What's new

Schick Injector: A Black Handle E-1?

OK, I need informed opinion from you Schick injector guys. I found this the other day:

$IMG_4358.jpg$IMG_4359.jpg$IMG_4360.jpg

This is clearly an E; it has the rotating spring to open the head, and it has striations (no parallel grooves) on the bar.
But, it has the "rarely seen" black handle. Renaldo says the E-5 is the "rarely seen" black handle E; but he places it among the "fixed spring" group (presumably later), that also had parallel grooves on the bar.

Other than the black handle, this has all the markings of the E-1: striations on the bar, and the flat head, rotating spring with upright tabs. But I can't find any reference to an E-1 with anything other than the amber Bakelite handle. (BTW, the handle on this looks to be black Bakelite to me: really nice gloss, and no molding seam.)

What do you guys think: Have I found a new species?

Attachments

• $IMG_4361.jpg
    $IMG_4361.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 110
That is definitely an E 1 with a black handle. Black handles occasionally turn up on Es and Gs. I have a black E2, but I am envious of your E1. Consider yourself extremely fortunate, especially since it is in such good shape.

That is definitely an E 1 with a black handle. Black handles occasionally turn up on Es and Gs. I have a black E2, but I am envious of your E1. Consider yourself extremely fortunate, especially since it is in such good shape.
Steve, thanks for confirming my preliminary conclusion that this is indeed an E-1. I'll hold out for more input, but pending some conflicting evidence to the contrary, I think that's the answer. I've looked at and collected more than a few Schicks in my day, but I was not aware that there was such a thing as a black handle E-1. Not that this fact is of any interest to anyone other than a few twisted razor collectors (like us), but I think it's cool :thumbup1:.

+1

I have two holy grail shaving items and the E1 in butterscotch or black is one of them.

Fantastic find!

-jim

Top Bottom