What's new

Best performing cream you've tried?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I've only tried about 25 of the hundreds out there, but so far the clear winner is Castle Forbes Lavender, with CF Lime a close second - for ease of lathering, small amount of product required, comfort of shave and face feel after the shave.

T&H has a cream they call Ultimate Comfort - and for good reason. It is an excellent bargain for the size of the tub and quality of the cream. It's not Castle Forbes, but it is excellent and cheaper.

Proraso Green.
I seldom use it since I've a fetish for soaps, but when I do I wonder - each and every time - if I'm missing something.
Its one outstanding feature is the slickness as the blade does its business. There's nothing to touch it IMO (not even the Proraso Green croap).

Although I previously mentioned Castle Forbes Lavender, other creams that consistently come up as performance champs are XPEC (old formulation...new one just came out) and Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet.

Mdc looks expensive but it's a lot of soap which will last a year or longer. I've been using a jar for the past month and it's still at the rim of the jar.

Add; Maca Root & Coates for non-croap creams; QCS & Panna Crema for Croap type cream

1) C&E Sweet Almond Oil. (Too bad it was discontinued shortly after I got into wet-shaving.)
2) The Body Shop's Original Formula. (It was discontinued about the same time.)
3) Proraso Red with Wheat Germ. (Discontinued.)

{S.i.g.h} ~ I'm seeing a pattern here.

Tell me, did you use Coates also ??? :glare: :laugh:

My best performing is LEA Professional.

Shhhhhhhhh, it's been under the radar for quite some time... but I agree.

Last edited:
Catie's Bubbles La Terre Verte ...such a thick creamy slick lather, I really like it and the big 8oz tub will last me quite a long time as you only need a Lil dab

I've tried a bunch and enjoy using many, but Simpsons takes the win for performance.

{S.i.g.h} ~ I'm seeing a pattern here.

Story of my life. Any time I find I like a product I buy a bunch of it because I know it's going off the market (or out of business) soon.

I'm a hard soap man who has tried many creams but they just don't come close in performance. So it must be an especially high performing cream to make it anywhere near my den (of about 50 soaps). So far, I've only found ONE. It's an artisan cream from Australia called "Occams". The soap maker comes from a family of soap makers and his only shaving products he makes are a pre-shave soap and a shaving cream. They only come in 2 scents; an aromatic chai scent and crushed lime.

The Occam's Shaving Cream is the BEST cream I have ever used.

Their soap stick gets more attention, but La Toja cream is probably the best I've tried if I'm thinking of just easy to lather, slick and protective. Smells kind of off to me though.

Top Bottom