What's new

Glock Lettering Detail - What Do You Guys Think?

I'm seeing this a lot online, and I think I like it. Some natural hesitation there to actually do it to my gun though.

Its done with white nail polish, basically, seems very easy to do and doesn't appear to have any consequences to the finish so long as you don't use acetone remover. Some use white crayon instead, claiming its just crayon wax and wont hurt anything. I don't like that idea because I bet that crayon will come off at some point, or even melt, and then it'll end up gummin' up your gun.

I came across this because I mostly want to do it to my mags for easy, quick recognition. They can be hard to read sometimes. But, I think I like the slide too.... I think.

So I'm curious, what do you guys think? Like it, don't like it? Looks good, looks like crap? No worries or a bad idea?

Here's an example pic, not my G23:

$img_0691.jpg

Looks great.

What did you end up using as a remover?

Thanks! I didn't actually do it yet. This is just a pic I found online. The guys that have done it use a no acetone nail polish remover. Apparently the no acetone part is critical :)

I've done it to each of my glocks. It's very safe and very easy. I had a buddy do his in a neon green which sort of matches his night sites and looks pretty cool.

I think white is classic but mine is in a metallic blue and I love it

Illa I'd love to see a pic of that! I was also considering a neon green or electric blue. I love those colors on black

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I like it!

I've done it to each of my glocks. It's very safe and very easy. I had a buddy do his in a neon green which sort of matches his night sites and looks pretty cool.

I think white is classic but mine is in a metallic blue and I love it
How did you do it? Very steady hand and carefully?
Painting each groove freehand?

I like it!

How did you do it? Very steady hand and carefully?
Painting each groove freehand?

There's some good videos out there, but basically you paint it on in a little blob over the etched part, working it in to the grooves. Let it set a little, or even dry, and then take a paper towel with a bit of the remover on it and wipe off the excess. Whats down in the grooves stays there, unless you're wiping too forcefully or something. They usually do it in a 2-3 coats. So basically, no real fine skill involved! :)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
There's some good videos out there, but basically you paint it on in a little blob over the etched part, working it in to the grooves. Let it set a little, or even dry, and then take a paper towel with a bit of the remover on it and wipe off the excess. Whats down in the grooves stays there, unless you're wiping too forcefully or something. They usually do it in a 2-3 coats. So basically, no real fine skill involved! :)

My kind of style! Nice and simple. Thanks!

I've found silver nail polish looks even better than white. There is a glittery aspect to it that fades quickly and looks sharp

That looks really cool man! Thanks!

I was also considering silver. How funny! I may have to experiment hehe. How long have you seen it last? Just a Qtip with the remover to take it off if you need to?

Oh, and that will likely be exactly my wifes reaction! "Hey babe, can you pick me up some nail polish at the store?" :huh:

Or................you could use some of the polish she already has. "Honey, I love you so much I want to put some of your nail polish on my gun, so I'm always thinking of you". How could she say no to that? :)

Bow chica bow wow :sneaky2:

Cotton ball to apply rubbing alcohol to paint over it, then let it dry.

Paint over the indentations, don't worry about it being messy, all the excess comes off easily.

Then, get a cotton ball, soak it in the non-acetone not and wipe over it until the excess is cleaned. You can clean it off after that with a paper towel as well.

wait about 5 mins or so between applications.

Enjoy!

I did the same on my XDs, and on my wife's using the same technique. It's really easy and even easier to clean up your mistakes. It's hard to tell, but mine has black on the silver slide. The raised letters on the grips were done free hand with a really small brush and cleaned up with an Xacto knife.

Top Bottom