What's new

2nd Annual “I Miss Christmas” (PIF Giveaway Game, Round 7)

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): Read all the rules first, before signing up. If you qualify to join, and agree to follow all the rules explicitly, then feel free to add your name to the list. This is all in good fun, but I won’t chase you down for information. If you don’t comply, you won’t play.

Now onto the fun…

proxy.php

I miss Christmas, don’t you? :santa: Already a more than a month has passed since Christmas and is seems to have been so long ago. Is the season of joy and giving, over and forgotten? :confused: I don’t think so. Most of the joy in Christmas for me, is shopping for just the right gift for someone, and then seeing the look on their face :w00t: when they open it up, hopefully a look that tells me I’ve done a good job :thumbup1:. That is what this PIF Game is all about! :laugh:

You might be familiar with the recent:
Mr. Bingle Presents: Reindeer & Sleigh - A Holiday Gift Exchange!
or any of the previous 6 rounds of The PIF Game, linked below.

Round 1 – Secret PIFer format
Round 2 – Secret PIFer format
Round 3 – Secret PIFer format
Round 4 - Box Pass format
Round 5 – Secret PIFer format
Round 6 (I miss Christmas, 1st annual) - Box Pass format

I’ve been very busy in my personal and professional life over the past year and regret that it has been a whole year since I hosted the last PIF Game. This round will be another Secret PIFer format, just like “Mr. Bingle’s: Reindeer and Sleigh” or most of the previous PIF games.

How it works:
After the list closes, I will randomly assign a “Secret PIFer” from the list and pair them up to a PIF Recipient from the list. (Everyone gives a gift, everyone gets a gift. You will not be sending a gift to the same person who sends you a gift.) You then take some time to research (or as we affectionately say “stalk” :ninja: :detective:) your PIF recipient to see if you can come up with the perfect PIF for them. It can be shaving related, or not, or a mix. (No Alcohol, Tobacco, or Firearms. Keep within the rules of B&B. And remember liquids must ship by ground, so you can't ship aftershave/cologne overseas.) There is a $20 minimum, but no maximum spending limit. We are not keeping score; some PIFs will be bigger than others. Just have fun, be creative, and put together a PIF you think your recipient will love. Oh, and someone on the list will be doing the same for you, so everybody wins!

The rules:
1) Ensure you read and agree with ALL rules BEFORE signing up.

2) Members must be in good standing, have an Oct 2014 Join Date (or earlier), and have a minimum of 100 posts to sign up. The minimums are reduced to a Dec 2014 join date and 50 posts if you are a B&B Contributor(any level). If you don’t meet these requirements, there will be future rounds.

3) Post your intention to be included and add your name to the participant list. The list will stay open until 16 Feb 2015, or until we get 30 participants. (Which ever happens first)

4) Once the list is finalized, I will match you up and will PM you with your recipients address (NLT 20 Feb 2015). Keep you matches a secret, until the gifts are received and opened.

5) Gifts must be shipped within 3 weeks of receiving your recipient (NLT 13 March). This will allow plenty of time to receive anything you might order, and send it back out, and keep the PIF timeline condensed.

6) This is open to members worldwide, you must let me know if you are willing to ship internationally. If you cannot, I will pair the CONUS-shipping folks together. When you ship, you must PM me the tracking number and shipping company used (USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) for your package. Tracking # not required for international members, but do send me proof of shipping.

7) You may open your gift as soon as it is received. When you receive your PIF, you must take pictures of what you received and post them in this thread. Tell everyone about your gifts and if your PIFer did a good job. If you participated in a previous exchange, but did not post pics, do not enter this round.

8) Immediately after you sign up, PM me with your information below. Use Subject: "I Miss Christmas" for your PM.
Real name
Address
Email address
Phone number
Willing to ship international: Y/N
Acknowledgement of reading and agreeing to all the rules

9) This PIF Game is all in good fun. Some people will give more than others ($20 minimum, no max), but it is not a competition. Give what you feel comfortable giving and enjoy the ride. If you receive something that you don’t like, PIF it to someone else. Remember these are PIFs, so no selling anything you receive from this game.

I will not be participating in this round, I'm just going to enjoy watching the fun. PM me, or post in the thread, if you have any questions along the way.

The Game Begins Now!

:popc:

Copy, add your username, and repost this list to enter (Don't forget to PM me!):

I’m in for the Giveaway Game!

1. (First entrant)
30. (Last entrant)

Last edited:
I'm in! I was in the last one and enjoyed it. This one is a bit different, but should be a blast.

Copy, add your name, and repost this list to enter:

1. lowjax - Jeff
30. (Last entrant)

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Count me in! Sounds like great fun

1. lowjax - Jeff
2. TexLaw - Doak
30. (Last entrant)

Very cool. I'm glad I finally qualify to participate.

1. lowjax - Jeff
2. TexLaw - Doak
3. Jbaker23- Jared
4. bach_rocks - Lane
30. (Last entrant)

Great idea, first time for me. Thanks very much I am looking forward to filling up a box.

Cheers.

1. lowjax - Jeff
2. TexLaw - Doak
3. Jbaker23- Jared
4. bach_rocks - Lane
5. Boaz - Billy
30. (Last entrant)

I'm in! Even though I met the shipping timeframe with ease, I know I was late posting a pic in the Reindeer exchange. I had some extenuating circumstances. I promise I'll be much more punctual this time around :001_cool:. It was a lot of fun stalking my buddy, and very rewarding getting to pick out some items I knew he'd like. Plus, I was amazed at what I received in return! This is the best online community I've ever been a (very small) part of, and I'd love to give it another go.

1. lowjax - Jeff
2. TexLaw - Doak
3. Jbaker23- Jared
4. bach_rocks - Lane
5. Boaz - Billy
6. Columbus - Dakota
30. (Last entrant)

2) Members must be in good standing, have an Oct 2014 Join Date (or earlier), and have a minimum of 100 posts to sign up. The minimums are reduced to a Dec 2014 join date and 50 posts if you are a B&B Contributor(any level). If you don’t meet these requirements, there will be future rounds.

makes me sad that i can't partake. reading the prior threads, this seems like a very fun PIF to participate in. Gotta get to that 50 post mark ASAP. :)

If you need more entrants and open it up with less restrictions, please let me know.

Looking forward to getting lots of people involved in this. Just so it is clear, although it is a PIF Giveaway, it shouldn't necessarily be something from your own den, or even shave related, but it can be anything that you know the person would like based on their posts, wish lists, etc. I plan on updating my inventory and wiki over the next week to help our my stalker.

Thanks Guys. PM's received from everyone above (saves me from replying to everyone).

makes me sad that i can't partake. reading the prior threads, this seems like a very fun PIF to participate in. Gotta get to that 50 post mark ASAP. :)

If you need more entrants and open it up with less restrictions, please let me know.

Restrictions are firm. They are in place to encourage forum participation, and also to ensure folks who participate are dedicated to the site and more likely to stick around.

These things pop up from time to time. I hope to do at least two more of these this year, so you should qualify for the next one if you stick around.

Looking forward to getting lots of people involved in this. Just so it is clear, although it is a PIF Giveaway, it shouldn't necessarily be something from your own den, or even shave related, but it can be anything that you know the person would like based on their posts, wish lists, etc. I plan on updating my inventory and wiki over the next week to help our my stalker.

Yes, I encourage everyone involved to create/update their personal wiki page. If you haven't created one, it's easy to do. You can look at mine for an example: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/User:TheVez2

Feel free to drop hints in this thread, if there is something you really want to try. But I prefer digging around in posts for ideas. More fun that way.

Thanks Guys. PM's received from everyone above (saves me from replying to everyone).

Restrictions are firm. They are in place to encourage forum participation, and also to ensure folks who participate are dedicated to the site and more likely to stick around.

These things pop up from time to time. I hope to do at least two more of these this year, so you should qualify for the next one if you stick around.

This site is pretty addicting. Now I get to spend 2x the time on forums. I like to partake in AAAC. And this forum provides a different change of pace and a new hobby. I am resisting the urge to be RAD but I think resistance is futile.

proxy.php

RAD is only the beginning. There's also RBAD, SBAD, SSAD, SCAD, ASAD, etc.

ASAD is what got me. As you'd might guess by looking at my wiki.

baby steps man.... i can only "take over" so much counter space! the SO will kill me

ASAD is what got me. As you'd might guess by looking at my wiki.

ASAD is the only one left that has me as well. And that's just about defeated. I've picked up a bunch from the Sue Moore auction last year, the restocking period, and some local buys this year. I'm pretty well set now.

Top Bottom