What's new

Tobacquisitions for February 2015

I have some Custombilts and Tom Howards that are ridiculously light for their size. I always wonder if it has to be the Algerian briar, the curing method, the age of the wood, or a combination of all three. I've found that my wide bowled stubby Custombilts smoke VaPers exquisitely.
I was wondering the same thing. I now have two Algerian briars and they both seem to be light for their size, although the CB seems the lightest. I'll have to try a VaPer in it next. Didn't know which way to go so I went with 965. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it works out. BTW, it was seeing one of your CBs that made me go looking. A fine testament to the pipes you own. Now, I'm thinking of checking out a reverse Calabash Morta. No more pics for a while, please!!

I was wondering the same thing. I now have two Algerian briars and they both seem to be light for their size, although the CB seems the lightest. I'll have to try a VaPer in it next. Didn't know which way to go so I went with 965. Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it works out. BTW, it was seeing one of your CBs that made me go looking. A fine testament to the pipes you own. Now, I'm thinking of checking out a reverse Calabash Morta. No more pics for a while, please!!

I might apologize for the enabling....but I won't! :devil2:

I hope I haven't created an adversary for my CBs haha.I just feel the briar in these pipes imparts such a wonderful taste to the smoke. Additionally, they're already kind of beat up so I don't have to baby them. I might have to smoke that morta tonight :001_rolle

I might apologize for the enabling....but I won't! :devil2:

I hope I haven't created an adversary for my CBs haha.I just feel the briar in these pipes imparts such a wonderful taste to the smoke. Additionally, they're already kind of beat up so I don't have to baby them. I might have to smoke that morta tonight :001_rolle

Don't want to get into any bidding wars, Mmmwahaha! I'll look for the bargains now. By all I've read, I don't see why the prices are where they are right now. Certainly an interesting pipe, though. Only time will tell how it smokes. I'll have to compare it to the Tanshell that's on the way in. PAD is worse than RAD, for sure. I need help.:blink: I'm sure I won't find any here.

None will help you here, that's for sure.

RAD is soo two years ago. PAD is the worst AD for me.

I got a great deal for two african meers off of eBay. Both of these pipes are in way better condition than I though they would be. The "opera/au pair/pocket pipe" had a shiny rim that I didn't know meerschaum could achieve. It's like black marble counter top! There's still white at the bottom of the bowl actually.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423131787.496716.jpg

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423131799.763067.jpg

I got a great deal for two african meers off of eBay. Both of these pipes are in way better condition than I though they would be. The "opera/au pair/pocket pipe" had a shiny rim that I didn't know meerschaum could achieve. It's like black marble counter top! There's still white at the bottom of the bowl actually.

View attachment 546214

View attachment 546215

Between you and Bladeboy with the meers, getting a nice full sized meer is at the top of my want list, with a nice morta in second place.

Never expected to win this Comoy's 2nd The Guildhall Twin Bore Bite Proof London Pipe but I did. I might have to sell it if it's worth anything...especially with IPSD coming up and a serious financial issue (long story with wife's illness). Anyone know about these?

Click for larger photos. (I recommend middle-click to open in new tab/window.)

I've reached the point where I look at all of my tins and think, "When the hell am I actually going to get around to smoking them?"

Yet here I am... still adding to my hoard.

Same here. I could smoke multiple times a day for months and months and still have some left. Still making purchases though...

Got some of this! Can't wait to try it. The description sounds amazing.

The choicest Virginias, Burleys and dark fired Kenyan leaf are enhanced with an impeccable addition of spicy Perique, then aged to perfection before being spun into enticingly beautiful, zesty coins. A delightfully vivacious and flavorful smoke.

$Sav.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
My P&C order came a couple days early. Nording Eriksen pipe, Capstan, Erinmore, OGS, 2oz. each of Revelation Match, C&D Epiphany, and C&D Yale, a tin of Escudo, a tin of Spectre pipe tobacco, and a 5-pack of Spectre cigars.

$IMAG1998.jpg

I had no idea that there is Spectre pipe tobacco. Please do post when you smoke it.

I actually spotted that in the last P&C catalog they sent me, and I was intrigued by the idea as well. I'll second in looking forward to the thoughts on it once you break into the tin.

Top Bottom