What's new

Nib Acquisitions, February 2015

Two pens back from my local restorer: the black Vac and the grey demi Vac 51.

The Pelikan 400nn was handed over so he can take a look at the nib. Hopefully I'll see it by my birthday (two months and change).

$DSC_0365.jpg

Sailor Professional Gear broad nib

Visconti Rembrandt broad nib

Received in trade: imperial blue Lamy Studio, M nib.

May need to work a trade for narrower nib but will try this out first.

proxy.php

Got an amazing deal on eBay for this Pilot Fermo Vanishing Point. It came with a cartridge and a CON-50 converter. This may be my new favorite pen.

A Franklin-Christoph 3-pen case and a blue-black Pelikan M405 with EF nib arrived this past week. Both seem really nice, so far.

-Andy

$P1110648.jpg

$P1110646.jpg

$P1110642.jpg

$2015-02-16 08.40.14.jpg

Noodler's Ahab with flex nib in Copernican Pearl ... decent little pen. Feels a little cheap but that's to be expected. Still getting a feel for the flex nib.

Also bought one for the future Mrs. for Valentine's Day. Her's was the pink tiger color

Just in yesterday: Sheaffer/Levenger Connaisseur, Mediterranean Sea Blue, Fine 14K Nib. Sheaffer originally came out with the Connaisseur in the 1980s. In 1998, in conjunction with Levenger (a luxury office accessory company), they produced the Connaisseur in several transparent "Sea" colors. I picked up one of the original Sheaffer basic-black models last month at the Philly Show and liked it so much, I had to hunt down one in blue. It's an awesome pen and writes as nice as it looks!

proxy.php

proxy.php

(My apologies for the color accuracy of the photos...all hardware is gold-plated and the nib is gold, not chrome/silver as it appears in the photos.)

Larry, beautiful pen! How does the 14k Levenger/Sheaffer nib compare to the 18k Sheaffer nib?
I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, but my first impression is that they aren't much different. Both are smooth with a little feedback, springy but not flexible, and overall nice-writing nibs.

Top Bottom