What's new

Pipe racks - show them if you have them

I have a similar walnut stand and really enjoy it. Picked mine up from an estate sale on eBay. Here's what it looks like. Holds 6 pipes which is a great size for me, for now.
$Stand.jpg

I'm not any good at pictures , but mine are all Decatur Pipe racks , several , a Big Round one with an Ash tray on top and holds a bunch of pipes , several 7 pipe rest/racks , and a six and five or two . Ebay has some good deals if you watch . They're Really nice .

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Here's what I have. A few single pipe stands, and two racks. The rack on the left I bought; the one on the right I built from 100+ year old driftwood. I didn't do any finishing at all on it. It's completely natural.

$20160209_113612.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Love that driftwood rack. Serious question on that, how do you determine the age of driftwood?

In general, I don't know. In this case, it comes from the ruins of a sawmill that closed down in the 1890s. That whole section of the cove is almost paved in wood. I suppose "driftwood" may not be the most technically accurate term, but it fits. And there's the possibility that some of it actually did drift in from somewhere else more recently, but I'll stick with the sawmill.

Good Question , and a Good Answer ... . :thumbup1:
Looks like water worn boards (or Slabs) to me ... , I vote Sawmill .

Last edited:
Quick pic before bed. I only have 22 pipes but rarely get to rotate them all, my favorites are at the office. I have a lot more invested in the tobacco than pipes as most of you do as well. It's a great hobby but vintage tins are my weakness. Especially vintage nightcap, I'll ebay that way too much and apparently you all do as well according to the ridiculous bids. So delicious, I love aging bulk tobacco in mason jars and sampling them 2 years later and letting them age for another 5. Good thread, some of you are really great collectors!!!

$1455253600991.jpg

Quick pic before bed. I only have 22 pipes but rarely get to rotate them all, my favorites are at the office. I have a lot more invested in the tobacco than pipes as most of you do as well. It's a great hobby but vintage tins are my weakness. Especially vintage nightcap, I'll ebay that way too much and apparently you all do as well according to the ridiculous bids. So delicious, I love aging bulk tobacco in mason jars and sampling them 2 years later and letting them age for another 5. Good thread, some of you are really great collectors!!!

View attachment 636728

Servus!

This isn't really a "rack" per se, but it will have to do...

:w00t: :pipe:

Top Bottom