What's new

Pipe racks - show them if you have them

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Tell me about the rack in the bottom photo on the right side? I haven't seen one with a box in the center before.
A fairly common design with a box style humidor instead of a tobacco jar. Although designed to hold loose tobacco, mine is full of the few OTC pouches I have. Other than the rack I built, all of my wood racks were made by Decatur Industries, I believe.

Thanks for the posts. I've ordered a rack from the UK. Should be here in a week's time.

My first pipe rack...I am pleased.

$image.jpg

I have a pipe rack that holds 6-pipes.
$Pipe Rack.jpg
It's full of one of my favorite pipes, Missouri Meerschaum Country Gentleman.
I have a custom blend of Mac Baren Mature Virginia and Mac Baren Acadian Perique as a VaPer in the jar.

I've got a modest rack, I'll be getting my Nording freehand tomorrow actually. I've got plenty of pipes, I'm not much of a collector, I get very attached to one. If it doesn't sing to me, then I don't ask to look at it.

$20150221_201859_resized.jpg
$20150221_201915_resized.jpg
View attachment 551109

Well, I'm a little late to the party, but here's my two pipe stands. If you can't tell, Peterson's make me feel warm and fuzzy.... lol. So, I have a 12 pipe, not full (though that can always be fixed), rotating Peterson pipe stand for my Pete's. Then I've got a nice polished slab of briar with stands for my Nording, Mario Grandi and my Cobs. Cobs get a place of honor too, right?! :biggrin1:

$DSC01458.jpg

I'll harass BZero to get in here. His pipe "Stand" makes me cry.... lol

Well, I'm a little late to the party, but here's my two pipe stands. If you can't tell, Peterson's make me feel warm and fuzzy.... lol. So, I have a 12 pipe, not full (though that can always be fixed), rotating Peterson pipe stand for my Pete's. Then I've got a nice polished slab of briar with stands for my Nording, Mario Grandi and my Cobs. Cobs get a place of honor too, right?! :biggrin1:

View attachment 552269

Nice pipe assortment.

I am am so pleased with the rack I ordered another one. This one just for my Peterson 999 pipes.

View attachment 552269

Where did you get the "briar slab" racks? How much were they if you don't mind me asking?

Where did you get the "briar slab" racks? How much were they if you don't mind me asking?
Don't mind at all! I found them both on ebay actually. I paid $58 for the rotating 12 pipe Peterson stand, brand new. I paid $29 for the briar slab stand, used.

Don't mind at all! I found them both on ebay actually. I paid $58 for the rotating 12 pipe Peterson stand, brand new. I paid $29 for the briar slab stand, used.

Excellent Thanks. I've been watching the 'bay but haven't found anything like those. The slabs seem to be 1 or 2 pipes only. I'll keep looking....

Excellent Thanks. I've been watching the 'bay but haven't found anything like those. The slabs seem to be 1 or 2 pipes only. I'll keep looking....
Yeah, it took me a while of being patient to get them. The slab ones I kept getting beat out on and the petersons ones kept going over $100. Got it in the end though. Good luck to you! I'll keep an eye out for you.

Yeah, it took me a while of being patient to get them. The slab ones I kept getting beat out on and the petersons ones kept going over $100. Got it in the end though. Good luck to you! I'll keep an eye out for you.

Yup... eBay is all about persistence. Stick to your guns and you'll eventually find what you want at the price you want.

I don't have a pipe rack (yet) but I did want to think about better storage besides keeping them in Ziploc bags in my tobacco Tupperware container, so after seeing an egg-crate pipe rack elsewhere I decided to see if I could find something around the house that I could use to hold my pipes. One thing I have in abundance is coffee cups of all sizes, from small espresso cups on up so I decided that I'd give them a try. For two of the cups I filled them with old coffee beans I've been using on grinder projects to keep the pipes stable, I think it'll work and it's a good way to use those cups that have been hiding in storage from SWMBO. The fountain pen next to the pipes is in a piece I found at a thrift store, maybe it's a candle stick holder but it fits the pen well. The outer two cups also came from thrift stores, the one on the right being a Andrea Manetti 1994 Illy art cup (but without the saucer). The cup on the left is an Italian ACF.

$Pipes.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom