What's new

First shave a antique

I had Joe Edson restore my Wade & Butcher that had belonged to my great grandfather, I received it back from Joe today and couldn't wait to try it, one word FANTASTIC. Joe did a great job bringing it back to life and now I understand what a straight razor shave should feel like.
My wife gave me a Boker king cutter for Christmas and I'm a newbie, but the Boker doesn't compare to the shave I just got with the W&B. Could the Boker need honed? She got it from West Coast Shaving or is there that much of a difference in the style and shape of the blades? I'll get a pic up later of the before and after.
Kudos to Joe for the restore. While I was using it, I couldn't help but think of my great grandfather and grandfather using it on a Saturday morning before they went to the company store after a long week in the coal mines.
Allen

$DSC00411.jpg

Here is a picture of my razor.

Times sure where tough back when your great grandfather and grandfather last used that razor. It is fantastic that you were able to save it, and allow that W&B to shave a couple more generations of your family. Make sure that you pass along the stories along with the razor.

Top Bottom