What's new

Stirling Syndicate

I have their ASBs in Sharp Dressed Man and Bay Rum. The Sharp is very nice, but not long lasting, on me anyway. The Bay Rum is excellent and long lasting, scent-wise, but the cinnamon oil irritates my skin.

How close is nag champa to the incense nag champa? I love the incense, and order a puck of this in hopes that it'll be identical or at least very close.

I've got a sample of it and I would be hard pressed to tell you that the shave soap doesn't smell just like the incense sticks, although I haven't smelled them side by side. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The other way to lather Stirlings is to just load the heck out of a damp brush and drizzle in water as you face lather, if needed. That works like a charm.

+1. Stirling repays heavy loading. It also repays using enough water, so I start with a wettish brush--gonna use a good deal of water anyway, so I figure why not start with more? Whatever works for you, though, it's great stuff.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I made a trade for a bottle of Stirling Sharp Dressed Man from a local member. I like it a lot. Just like the soap. I would like to add some menthol though to give it a kick. Good stuff.

I love stirling! It lathers like a Boss! I start with a soaked brush and ring it close to the knot. Dip the tips and go to town. It can take a good bit of water for sure.

Just ordered Ozark Mountain, its one of the few soaps that I have not tried yet, but heard so much about. Oh... and I grabbed a full puck of lime on my way out too...and a sample of Frozen tundra. Resisted also picking up lemony orange.

That brings my total to 21 Stirling soaps in my den!

Lets just say I am a big fan. Except texas on fire, bleh.

I warmed up to port au prince, I really like it now. Spice is iffy, and vanilla sandalwood turned into a pif.

Sharp dressed man seems a little week.

The rest are AAA for me!

Just ordered Ozark Mountain, its one of the few soaps that I have not tried yet, but heard so much about. Oh... and I grabbed a full puck of lime on my way out too...and a sample of Frozen tundra. Resisted also picking up lemony orange.

I warmed up to port au prince, I really like it now. Spice is iffy, and vanilla sandalwood turned into a pif.

The rest are AAA for me!

Well I just ordered a full puck of the Texas on Fire, hoping it was amazing, we shall see. Can you try explaining the Ozark Mountian scent? Is it woodsy, fruity, manly?

I have worked through a trial of Ozark mountain. Fantastic lather, shave and my skin felt great afterwards. Scent didn't really do it for me.

Sorry to resurrect an old post, but what didn't you like about the scent? I got a puck for Christmas, and put it into a plastic tupperware to keep until I get through with my Sharp Dressed Man. The first impression I get from the Ozark when I open the tub is, unfortunately, urine. From what I have read, that shouldn't be the case. It seems to go away a little if I leave it out of the tub (but still in the wrapping). I'm not sure if that's just how it smells to me and it's not my scent, or if I should contact Rod about maybe getting a bad puck.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
^^^That's weird, I thought that Ozark Mtn smelled piney and fresh. Very nice, actually - like a Christmas tree, as my three year-old put it. My only problem with it was that I discovered that pine trees are not my favorite smell first thing in the morning. Now for someone who does like pine scented shave soaps, I would heartily recommend Ozark Mtn.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer

The rest are AAA for me!

Zed, you busted the restraint already? :w00t:

I shaved with PaP for the second time this morning. I might come around to it. The lemongrass wasn't quite as annoying as the first go, and I did get an excellent shave. It may have even been a little better than yesterday's Barbershop shave with the same razor and blade, but I don't really want to admit it :glare:.

So, I think it is safe to say most of us here at the Stirling Syndicate prefer Stirling to most other soaps, if not all other brands. I do basically find Stirling to better than any other soap or cream that I've tried. But what is your go to Stirling Soap, the soap you come back to after trying other soaps, even other Stirling soaps that you liked or didn't like. For me, it's Frozen Tundra. It's the benchmark from which I judge all other soaps. I always have some around so I know I will have a good soap available if I get something I don't like. Yours?

So, I think it is safe to say most of us here at the Stirling Syndicate prefer Stirling to most other soaps, if not all other brands. I do basically find Stirling to better than any other soap or cream that I've tried. But what is your go to Stirling Soap,

Depends on the time of year for me. During the cooler months I prefer in this order:

1. Ozark Mountain
2. Clean
3. Barbershop

During the warm Louisiana months:

1. Any of the Stirling Glacials (i.e., Lemon Chill, Wintergreen, Spearmint)

I bought a puck of the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo this fall and I'm curious to try it when the weather turns warm. I've always been unimpressed with SDM, so we'll see how the Glacial version performs.

^^^That's weird, I thought that Ozark Mtn smelled piney and fresh. Very nice, actually - like a Christmas tree, as my three year-old put it. My only problem with it was that I discovered that pine trees are not my favorite smell first thing in the morning. Now for someone who does like pine scented shave soaps, I would heartily recommend Ozark Mtn.

I sent a message to Rod to see if I can get a sample of the Ozark Mountain just to see if there is something wrong with the puck I received.

I really like the cologne scent BLU. I got it on closeout sale so it tickles my inner cheapskate. And it seems to be a step above the other Stirling soaps, for me of course. :)

Tried and loved the Stirling Glacial Wintergreen in one of the Canadian pass around boxes want to acquire a puck but from where I ask? Stirling no longer lists it on their site, any suggestions on a comparable product if I can't get this?

Top Bottom