What's new

sad day for me today.

So I started DE shaving in October of last year to trim my cheeks and neck while I grew my first winter beard. Today is the day that SWMBO and I agreed that I would shave my beard. I am looking forward to this evenings shave but am going to miss my beard. OK, my sob story is now over.

Sucks to be you. One advantage of being married for 35 years, I don't give a damn what she says about my face. I don't pretend to tell her what to do with her hair and appearance and I demand the same courtesy! I have always had a mustache, grew a seasonal beard most years, right now I have a goatee going on. I would like to shave that but my 3 year old granddaughter loves it. She falls asleep in my lap stroking the thing.

When my wife met me I had a long (about 8 inches) goatee. When I decided to shave it off, I had her do it. Scissors, clippers and a disposable razor. She was so scared she was shaking. I still don't know if the shaving scared her or the thought of what I'd look like without it. :shaving:

Sucks to be you. One advantage of being married for 35 years, I don't give a damn what she says about my face. I don't pretend to tell her what to do with her hair and appearance and I demand the same courtesy! I have always had a mustache, grew a seasonal beard most years, right now I have a goatee going on. I would like to shave that but my 3 year old granddaughter loves it. She falls asleep in my lap stroking the thing.

I'm similar. I give her the courtesy of listening to her opinion, since she's the one looking at me the most, but in the end I decide what to grow/shave. Of course, every relationship has it's own dynamics. :)

Yep the SWMBO factor is an interesting one and it changes. When I was clean shaven, I told her I was going to grow a mustache and goatee, she balked, I did it anyway. 10 yrs later I shaved it off and she hated it LOL, go figure. Most recently I decided to do a Van Dyke and a handlebar. It's funny how your wife's facial structure can change into a creature that resembles a demon, along with the accusations of Dick Dastardly, Terry Thomas, Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday etc. Did it anyway and now she ...well does not love it... But likes it, or at least she tells me that LOL
The beauty, as mentioned above it can be resurrected. Although maybe not the same color, depending on your age :w00t: as white seems to be an ever growing problem in my case from the long lost brown LOL

good luck as we raise a toast to your lost chin blanket. Enjoy the shave

Good thing both of you agreed... I get a wild hair every now and then and decide to shave everything. Do you and your SWMBO have an egreed date where she must do something with her hair? I would expect the same of mine were I put to a deadline. A toast to your beard!

My wife drops hints that I need to shave my goatee off but I had a mustache from the time we meet till we got married. Over the past 20 years I been clean shaven generally from March to Sept.

I'm just growing in my beard for this winter (my wife absolutely HATES it) third year doing so. She doesn't like it, but I do. C'est la vie!

proxy.php

proxy.php

My wife doesn't like if i'm clean shaven. I have to keep either a beard or at least a full goatee (van dyke, circle beard, or whatever it's called these days)

Same here. I'm not allowed to be clean shaven, have just a moustache or grow a full beard... and I'm OK with that. I like long hair so she doesn't cut hers that much. It works out in the end.

I almost always have some sort of facial hair and have for over 30 years. My wife of 26 years does not like me clean shaven, she thinks I look too much like my dad when he is clean shaven. Currently I have a circle beard and am pondering about keeping it a little closer trimmed. The main issue is how much white is in the darn thing now.

I used to grow a beard in the 1980's between Labor Day & Memorial Day. I finally had to stop because my youngest daughter screamed & cried something terrible every spring when I shaved it off. My wife and I never could figure out why but I decided it was too traumatic for all of us, so I just quit growing one.

You'll enjoy that clean shaved feeling. And you'll probably grow it back. I've been growing and shaving off my beards for nearly 20 years. My first attempt was a full beard in the mid 90's, before they became cool. I loved it until the summer. I've had my fair share of seasonal full beards, I do like them but now given their hipster popularity I don't really want to grow one. I keep a goatee beard, which probably makes me look like an old guy but that's fine, I've had it for so long I don't think I'd recognize myself without it.

I almost always have some sort of facial hair and have for over 30 years. My wife of 26 years does not like me clean shaven, she thinks I look too much like my dad when he is clean shaven. Currently I have a circle beard and am pondering about keeping it a little closer trimmed. The main issue is how much white is in the darn thing now.
Yeah, I'm now getting to the point of finding hard to see the difference between my van dyke and a badger brush when it comes to colour. :blushing:

Grew a mustache when I was 19. Added a full beard when I was 21. Met my future wife when I was 23 and just to let her see why I grew it, I looked like I was 12 without it, I shaved it all off. Grew mustache again a month or so after shaving and added the beard back shortly thereafter. That was 27 years ago. Still have full beard and mustache. I've thought about shaving it all off a few times recently as it's salt and pepper now, heavy on the salt, but can't bring myself to do it. My wife likely wouldn't like it if I shaved it off anyway.

Top Bottom