What's new

UFO Titan Fine L and the USPS.unbelievable!

So, here's a little story for y'all.

Once upon a time, an amazing artisan/craftsman in Seville, Spain lovingly crafted a gorgeous 90 mm razor handle out of pure titanium. On Jaunuary 16th, he placed said razor handle into a package with my name and address on it, and put it into the mail.

The package made its way across Spain, across the wide Atlantic ocean, and into the commonwealth of Virginia. In fact, the little package made it all the way into my cul-de-sac, and was in the USPS delivery car as the driver pulled up to my mailbox yesterday afternoon. She opened up my mailbox and placed the usual letters, catalogs, and junk mail into the box. Then, she sat there in the car for a couple of minutes, not moving at all. What was she doing? My wife was curiously watching from my son's bedroom window to see what in the world was going on. Finally, she placed a piece of paper into the mailbox, closed it up, and drove on to the next house.

Imagine my wife's surprise when she went out to get the mail and found a "failed delivery" slip in there for the little package that apparently couldn't. It made it all the way from Seville to about 50 feet from my front door, but the USPS worker decided it was easier to fill out a little card that said nobody was home than it was to carry the package to my door.

Unbelievable! I'm........flabberghasted.

On the plus side, I'll have my new Titan Fine L when I get home from work tonight!

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds

Hmmm yeah laziness is never mentioned as something that might stop the mail lol

Can't wait for the pics Doc! Enjoy!

So, here's a little story for y'all.

Once upon a time, an amazing artisan/craftsman in Seville, Spain lovingly crafted a gorgeous 90 mm razor handle out of pure titanium. On Jaunuary 16th, he placed said razor handle into a package with my name and address on it, and put it into the mail.

The package made its way across Spain, across the wide Atlantic ocean, and into the commonwealth of Virginia. In fact, the little package made it all the way into my cul-de-sac, and was in the USPS delivery car as the driver pulled up to my mailbox yesterday afternoon. She opened up my mailbox and placed the usual letters, catalogs, and junk mail into the box. Then, she sat there in the car for a couple of minutes, not moving at all. What was she doing? My wife was curiously watching from my son's bedroom window to see what in the world was going on. Finally, she placed a piece of paper into the mailbox, closed it up, and drove on to the next house.

Imagine my wife's surprise when she went out to get the mail and found a "failed delivery" slip in there for the little package that apparently couldn't. It made it all the way from Seville to about 50 feet from my front door, but the USPS worker decided it was easier to fill out a little card that said nobody was home than it was to carry the package to my door.

Unbelievable! I'm........flabberghasted.

On the plus side, I'll have my new Titan Fine L when I get home from work tonight!

Not an anomaly. This is standard practice for our postmen. My wife is a stay at home mom and we know for a fact this has happened with each of our last 3 mail carriers.

Sorry about your delay but I think there is more to your postal worker than this one attempt. Mine was sent the same day as your handle and arrived on the 21st. But of course I live in a little town outside Sacramento California so we are closer to Spain (ha ha). I would check with the postmaster to determine where it was sitting the past week. Good luck. P.S. You will love your new handle, it is a masterpiece of craftsmanship.

USPS attempted to deliver mine this week, as well, but no one was home (Wednesday, I think). I plan to pick it up tomorrow morning.

I must say our local postpeople are wonderful. Kind, courteous and helpful. On the other hand, I would say that more than 50% of the 2 day priority mail that I send/receive takes 3 or more days to arrive. Very frustrating.

We had one rural carrier who only looked at the numbers. Since there were three houses in the area (on different streets) with the same number, we all got each other's mail on a regular basis. You know what happened after we had all called the postmaster ten times each? Nothing.

Usually if something needs singed for my postwoman comes blaring down my driveway laying on the horn have a dozen times to alert me. She is a piece of work let me tell you, she smokes like a chimney, has a cig hanging out her mouth at all times, which in return gives all my mail pieces that very pleasant odor of cigarettes...yeah...nice. If the package will not fit in my mailbox she will hang them off my flag in a plastic wal-mart or like such bag. She actually left a laptop sitting out there on a gloomy day, luckily I caught it before it rained. I would complain about her, but I know better too as It will only cause further problems on my end, Im sure of it. Well Im sure you'll have that beautiful piece of work in your hands soon enough, enjoy that handle.

Just about the same thing happened when my carrier delivered my TiTAN last week. I saw him coming up the walkway with two other packages and a slip.

He left the boxes on the porch and the slip in the box. I opened the door, pulled the slip from the box, and followed him back to the truck where he produced

the TiTAN package and I signed for it. Glad I was able to get it that day instead of going to the post office to pick it up. It's a stunner. You're gonna love

the handle Randall. Rafael it true artist.

$TiL1.jpg

$TiL2.jpg

I thought this was common practice, just the way the PO delivered parcels, until I got a REAL good mail lady!! I told her one day , while signing for a package, that I sure appreciated her bringing the packages and not just dropping off that card..She informed me that that was the way it was supposed to be delivered... I had no idea the guy before her NEVER delivered a package,,, EVER!!!

Just about the same thing happened when my carrier delivered my TiTAN last week. I saw him coming up the walkway with two other packages and a slip.

He left the boxes on the porch and the slip in the box. I opened the door, pulled the slip from the box, and followed him back to the truck where he produced

the TiTAN package and I signed for it. Glad I was able to get it that day instead of going to the post office to pick it up. It's a stunner. You're gonna love

the handle Randall. Rafael it true artist.

View attachment 544638

View attachment 544639

Wow those handles are beautiful!

If you had a Camera you could show it to her Supervisor and ask to have her removed from delivering mail to you house ever or you will send video to post master and then the news and post it on Youtube. I hate lazy postal workers, That make good money, Have Excellent Benefits and Fat Pentions, But like to Falsify Legal Documents and get away with it.

Did you have a Camera ?

Nice Handles by the way. How much would a handle just like the one you got in the mail? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post on here

Last edited:
I went thru this with mdc from France. They left a note on my door as undeliverable. I rescheduled redeliveries 3 times. It went as far as opening a case with the post office that is still going to get my package. Sorry for yall that may work for the post office but my experience is nothing but negative all around with the service. I always use fedex or ups. Never the post if I can help it. I'll gladly pay more.

Nice photos, Chris! Did you get TWO of them?!?

Thank you Randall. I only bought one TiTAN Fine L. In the first image the TiTAN Fine L is on the right. The handle on the left in is the 85mm TiTAN Fine I bought last year.

In the second image the TiTAN Fine L is in the front attached to the Flat Bottom New head.

I've noticed that the TiTAN Fine has become darker since I received it last year.

Here are a couple images of the TiTAN Fine when I received it back in September.

I had a great mailman, but every time he was off duty, his replacement would not deliver my medicine. It got so bad I started keeping a record of what never arrived, and usually it was inhalers, (breathing meds), or mild pain meds. Also, several razors never appeared. The day I reported it and showed my regular mailman the list of missing meds, and other items, he informed me the guy had already been fired, and was about to be prosicuted. Apparently, he had been stealing, and falsifying VA documents on all his routes. I hope he's sitting in jail right now, and can't breathe for lack of medicine. Oh yeah, and I hope he's in pain too.

With things like this I am really happy to not have to my door mail delivery. I live in a small town and if you want your mail you have to go to the post office and get it from your mail box. On the bright side if you get regular deliveries the ladies get to know you and will even start putting misaddressed stuff in your box instead of putting it as undeliverable.

Happened to me today. Wife was home all day and came home to a sorry we missed you slip in my mailbox for postage due. I'm gonna call the post office tomorrow and see if I can get the carrier written up.

I had the opposite problem today. I was in the kitchen feeding my kids and i heard a bang come from the living room. I went to see what happened.......

The mailman opened the door and lobbed my package inside!

I've got a buddy that is on a rural route in spite of living in town (don't ask me how, it's a mystery), and he's had that issue. The rural carrier doesn't want to mess with packages so she doesn't pick them up from the post office, she just grabs the letters and goes on her route. He was wondering how none of his packages ever arrived and he always got the sorry we missed you slip, so he did a little stake out on a day he knew a package was coming. She dropped the letters in the box and was trying to stick the note on his front door when it opened and he was standing there. She broke to the fact that the package was still at the post office and she'd never actually tried to deliver any of the packages. He allowed her to correct her error and hasn't had any problems since.

One of my favorite post office incidents involved a Whipped Dog brush. Apparently the package was too thick for the amount of postage paid and someone noticed between Texas and Montana and flagged it for additional postage. I got the note saying that I owed 8 cents and had to pay/pick up my package at the post office. So I went down there and when the guy handed me my package I told him that I preferred cash, but I'd accept a check for the 8 cents they owed me. He looked confused and I told him that if the package had enough postage to make it to the post office it must cost 8 cents to get it from the post office to my door. Since I made the drive instead of them, they owed me the 8 cents instead of the other way around. The look on his face was priceless. I held out as long as I could before I broke and started laughing.

I actually felt sorry for him as it was pretty apparent that he was embarrassed over the whole situation. Apparently the package was on the border of being oversized for the postage amount and he was shocked to see the note on it about additional postage being needed.

Top Bottom