What's new

Hello from Montana!

It's well past time for me to banish the "lurker" label on my account here, so I thought I'd make a quick post to say hello.

I've been a happy DE shaver for many years, now, using a Merkur razor an an ancient Made Rite brush that had been my grandfather's. The old brush started shedding a few weeks ago, and it was time to replace it ... which turned out to be an excuse to get carried away, and make the leap to straight razor shaving. I now have a handsome new Ralf Aust razor from SRD, and am having lots of fun teaching myself the art.

This forum has been a tremendous source of info for me ... and a serious enabler, too, introducing me to lots of cool soaps and accessories that are threatening to max out my credit card. Totally worth it, though. :)

Anyhow, it's good to meet you all. Any other Montanans on here?

Mark

Hello and welcome, Mark. B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You will learn a lot here!

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Mark; Welcome to B&B! Montana is a great state, I consider fellow members from there to be neighbors.

Many thanks, guys. Reading the forum the last few weeks, I've been most impressed by both the depth of knowledge here, and by the civility of the group's members. Wet shavers really are gentlemen!

As for the old Made Rite brush, it's probably time to just retire it. A new knot would really lessen its nostalgia value, and other brushes I've looked at have a much better feel in my hand. (I went with a Simpson Colonel this time, and am really pleased with it so far.)

Mark; Welcome to B&B! Montana is a great state, I consider fellow members from there to be neighbors.

I spent part of my childhood in Kemmerer, so I know your part of the world fairly well. You live in one of the greatest settings there is! Very sorry to hear about the big fire in your town last month.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
I spent part of my childhood in Kemmerer, so I know your part of the world fairly well. You live in one of the greatest settings there is! Very sorry to hear about the big fire in your town last month.
Thanks; In the sub zero temperature volunteers were knocking ice off the firefighters while the firefighter's hands were occupied holding a fire hose!:w00t:

Welcome, Mark! I'm in Billings. The other "regular" Montana member is Borderdog. He's in Havre.
Good to see that there are at least a couple of other Montana guys here. The friends I've mentioned this to in person all seem to think it's a little nuts!

Don't suppose there's anyone in Montana that does honing or straight razor work?

Top Bottom