What's new

What is your favorite mild razor?

I would say I prefer mild to aggressive, but not so mild that I have to do a lot of passes to get all the hairs. Mine right now would have to be EJ DE89 and it was my first razor too. If you're into mild razors, what's your favorite?

Me personally don't have a lot of razors (Weishi, Merkur 34C HD, Gillette Super Adjustable) and generally don't like mild razors, but like my Weishi since it feels solidly in my hand.

The Schick Krona is an excellent mild vintage razor, or for a new production razor I would go with the Parker 24C. I love the handle on that 24C. Both give me excellent shaves and no irritation.

I have two DE razors, a Schick Krona and a Feather Popular. Both are very mild, and I get a good shave from both of them.

I would have to say the most vintage Tech, paired with a very sharp blade. Ultimate in comfort. But I'll have to give a nod to the Weishi, as you can shave a million miles an hour without consequence. Perfect for the days you have to shave and run.

I like three, an original 47 Superspeed, a Shick Krona,& a 52 tech. The problem I have is that I like all three about equally so I can't say I have a favorite. But teamed with my Personna Labs they all give me a nice shave.

Mine is a pre-war Fat Handled Tech. When I first started DE shaving, I couldn't get as close a shave with it as with more aggressive razors. I actually stopped using it for about a year. I picked it up during a vacation, figuring that if I were to lose it, I wouldn't be out much. I was shocked to find that, with improvement in my technique, the Tech was giving me the most comfortable, effortless BBS shave I'd ever had. Since then, I've picked up a spare as well as a third one for my son. To this day, it remains one of my two favorite razors.

Interesting question. I call it my "sunburn razor", as I live in Florida and suffer from both sun and windburn frequently from fishing and boating. This would be my Weishi razor. It's a soft, functional shave when things are very dry.

For me, the flare tip Super Speed. I generally don't care for very mild razors (e.g. Tech, Krona are not my cup of tea), but the FT Super Speed just works for me. For the most part, my sweet spot is in the mid-range in terms of aggression. I know the SS is considered by most to be a pretty mild razor, but for me it always seems to deliver an easy, clean, very comfortable shave. Plus, there are a zillion of them out there, and they seem to last forever.

I'll have to agree that a Gillette Super Speed is just about perfect, especially when it's loaded with a Gillette Black or a Feather blade.

I have a couple of Tech razors now, and I've only had the privilege of using them once. I think a few more times with it, and it will become one of those razors that I reach for frequently.

Favorite mild razor would have to be my Shave King Self Lube

proxy.php

Top Bottom