What's new

Antiperspirant that doesn't clump together

Hello Everyone! I have been having issues finding an antiperspirant that doesn't clump together and leave white remnants behind wherever I sit down. I have found it in my car, and in class at college and it is embarrassing. I have tried to use less, but I begin to smell like faint BO towards the end of the day. I have tried Degree, Old Spice, and Dove in the "White Stick" style Antiperspirant. I have used deodorants in the past, but they begin to irritate me after a few weeks of use. What can I do? I am using Mitchum Gel right now, and have been for a while, but it is messy and I can't apply it with my shirt on. I'm sure that my underarm hair is causing it to clump together, but every guy has hair and I haven't heard of this issue before. What should I do? Thanks for the hep

I have experienced this.

It seems to be worse with the deodorants which claim to be 24 hours strength (or longer). I tend to use either Old Spice or Arm and Hammer in the week, when I'm at work. (at the weekends, I use alum, which for me, really works as a deodorant, but not as an antiperspirant. ).

My solution, trim my underarm hairs to be short, it helped with the 'white bits', and also the hairs being completely clogged with gunk.... I got a Wahl rechargeable razor, which is geared towards manscaping off their eBay store. (damaged packaging) for about 20 pounds stirling.

I used aerosol Old Spice antiperspirant for years, but have recently switched to just using an alum block. Works great, leaves no mess, and is cheap.

The aerosols don't clump and leave a mess like the sticks (I hated that too), but are probably more expensive sine they won't last as long as a stick.

I'm using Crystal Body Deodorant from Amazon. Resembles, but I think is not, alum. It works. No residue.

I trim the hair down under my arms using clippers with the "blending" guard(without a guard the clippers irritate my arm pits). I use grandpa's pine tar soap to shower but I'm leaning towards making an order from Stirling soon. I use Thai Crystal Deodorant Stone(get mine from Whole Foods). The best results for me is to use the stone right out of the shower by rinsing the stone with cold water before each arm and wetting under each arm with cold water then rub the stone under my arm for 60 seconds each pit. No residue or body odor at all. I had a situation where I couldn't shower for almost 3 days and I had very minor pit odor on the third day after only using the stone on the first day. If I want a scent then I use an aftershave usually classic Clubman. I've been using this individual stone for months(4 or 5) and it looks like it will probably last for a few more, at the least.

I agree with the people that mention trimming your pit hair. Not only does it allow your deodorant to get directly on your skin where it will do the most good, the hair is also where a lot of the bacteria that cause the odor thrive.

Top Bottom