What's new

Tempted to upgrade to E61 machine

A cooling flush for me is 4oz then pull a 2oz shot then flush about 2oz or less for clean up. If i was going to pull a second shot i would wait 15 seconds approx and pull the second one.

I don't think your gonna gain much by lowering the temps but you will lose steam pressure for frothing. I'll measure how much I pull during a cooling flush in a few minutes. Whats your procedure to flush? I pull it down so I can start my pull for a shot immediately without a rebound. Start to finish I am done in like a minute or so.

I'm still working on a routine (no thermometer yet). But out of the box I was flushing ~3oz of water (it filled my cup), grind, tamp, brew. Now I grind, pull almost 6oz, tamp and brew. It's a little hot even like that, so I need to try your approach of flush-and-brew or something in between.

I struggled too and thats why I broke down and bought the thermometer kit. Grind and tamp so your ready when you flush and can pull immediately. It works well for me.

I finally broke out the bottomless portafilter. I anticipated the worst but no issues (Except a slightly missed focus with my phone camera)

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1430951695478.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1430951695478.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 25
Tonight was the first time I challenged my machine and it did great! We had a party and I made two cappuccinos and two macchiatos all in a row. I steamed all the milk at once and was able to pull the shots all back to back. The Quick Mill did great and the resulting drinks (Redbird Espresso) were well received.

Top Bottom