What's new

Did Williams shave soap always smell like lemon?

II know that this sounds like an odd question to ask, but I'm writing a scene in which a boy watches his father shave. The story takes place in 1987-90, and want to be accurate with the description. HAS to be Williams...lol. If not lemon, can you describe the scent? Thanks!

Last edited:
II know that this sounds like an odd question to ask, but I'm writing a scene in which a boy watches his father shave. The story takes place in 1987-90, and want to be accurate with the description. HAS to be Williams...lol. If not lemon, can you describe the scent? Thanks!
I'm a long-time Williams user, and I've always characterized its fragrance as just "soap" -- sort of like Murphy Oil Soap some days (sidebar for discussion: anyone ever use Murphy Oil Soap for shaving? :001_rolle)

I suppose it is lemony...now that I think of it, it seems to vary from time to time..?? In any event, IMHO it's pleasant.

I've seen a wide range of descriptors from WMS lovers/haters here...they will be chiming in soon. :001_smile

For what it is worth, this is what I received from the company, as to the scent profile of Williams:

Top Note: Sharp Fresh Citrusy Lemon
Middle Note: blend of Spices and Herbs
Bottom Note: Warm Woody Cedar

Top Bottom