What's new

mergress vs digress. ohh it's on!

I chose a Mergress. Deciding? I bought mine long before hearing about the Digress version and have no regrets. It's the better looking upgrade, IMO.

No difference between the two on the shave since they are the same base razor and head. The Digress is more "elegant" in that the knob and attachment assembly is all one piece of machined metal. The Mergress has stainless knobs glued to Merkur attachment assemblies after the plastic knob is removed. The Digress also has a more refined knob in my opinion. But the Mergress is US and easier to get than the Digress which comes from Scotland and is more expensive.

Here's a photo of my Digress with a brass knob. I painted in the numbers with a car touch up pen so that they easier to see.
$Digress numbers.jpg

After hearing about the differences I would definitely try and get the Digress. The only problem I see is, they are just so dumb looking. Heck I like the white knob better than these mergress and digress knobs, out of all the shapes that could have been machined for the the knob, they go and choose something like that, I just dont get it. Sorry, just had to give my opinion. I really think someone on here should start machining some nice looking knobs for the Progress.

Top Bottom