What's new

Gentemenly Restraint for Lent

Lent comes early this year. Only 3 weeks away. I will be abstaining from purchases (shaving and NIB). I'm hoping the new Sue Moore LE brush will be released before then, but if not I will have to get one after.

Anyone else going to be exercising restraint for Lent?

A true act of contrition would be to abstain from all traditional shaving products. Only use a multi-blade cart and Edge gel. For forty days plus Sundays.

Just imagine, then, your Easter morning shave!

That's an interesting idea. I'm in......but I am a weak man.....so maybe I'll be making an act of contrition. Not the way Tejolot3 is talking about though. No hair shirt equivalents for this guy.

After a shaving brush, razor and soap binge in November and December, and a hone binge in December/January I'm in need of a restraint. I don't need anything to achieve shaving nirvana (or Heaven as its a lent restraint). Count me in.

A true act of contrition would be to abstain from all traditional shaving products. Only use a multi-blade cart and Edge gel. For forty days plus Sundays.

Just imagine, then, your Easter morning shave!

That's not an act of contrition, that's heresy!

I'm in. I have plenty of soap for a few months, plenty of blades to try out, and I've just gotten a few new toys to play with from a Grab Box. I reserve the right to pay shipping on a passaround box I have coming, as well as to purchase replacement skin care products (acne wash, benzoyl peroxide, moisturizers) that I would need whether I shaved or not.

My restraint will be in the form of no new
-Soaps
-Brushes
-Razors
-Handles
-Blades

Put me in. I should have signed up for the sabbatical but didn't make the deadline. This will be a pat on the back accomplishment.

Bump. Less than a week away, make your purchases now. And if you join the Lent Restraint, you'll automatically qualify for the March Restraint. Two for one.

I'm in... just purchased a couple of knots and I have enough soaps/cresms for a year. I needto take a break anyway.

InNae

Bump. Less than a week away, make your purchases now. And if you join the Lent Restraint, you'll automatically qualify for the March Restraint. Two for one.

I was good. A couple of days before the start of Lent, I purchased a Kent Infinity Silvertex synthetic. For a variety of reasons, the order ended up being cancelled yesterday. I REALLY wanted to claim an exception and go ahead and place a new order for the brush that I had technically purchased BEFORE the start of Lent.

I resisted the temptation, and that purchase will now have to wait until after Easter. I still have my 2 Omega boars and my TGN Super badger that are all good brushes that I enjoy using. The synthetic can wait 40 days...

Sorry I haven't kept up with this but the new avatar and badge may give some indication of what has had me occupied. I hope all are doing well and if not, grace and mercy to you.

Top Bottom