What's new

Pizza Pizza: A Story About Tomatoless Chili (And other uses for a dutch oven)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For those who are too young to catch my reference:

Pray, tell- who are you?
Pray, tell- who was that?

Last edited by a moderator:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
For those who are too young to catch my reference:

Pray, tell- who are you?
Pray, tell- who was that?

I don't think I have seen that episode before. :lol::lol::lol:

Ahh, no live TV anymore.

Now days...it's Made by RONCO!

To the mod. that changed the title...you may get more pages of comments now than the site can hold. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't think I have seen that episode before. :lol::lol::lol:

Ahh, no live TV anymore.

Now days...it's Made by RONCO!

To the mod. that changed the title...you may get more pages of comments now than the site can hold. :laugh:

It is funny how something sticks in your head. "Core a apple" and "string of polaponies" (should be polo ponies) are two such things. I need to buy the Honeymooner DVD set. Supposedly, Gleason only handed out the scripts about a half hour before filming.

Great work on the Dutch Oven Pizza Mike, it looks perfect. I bet the crusty was delicious.

You planted the seed, and helped me narrow down my dutch oven choice. I look forward to making Pizza in it soon.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Yes, I noticed the "Core a apple" instead of "Core an apple." I don't think I remember the polaponies one...if I've seen that one. I'm sure I'd remember it after a bit of watching.

I do remember Howdy Doody that I watched on Grandpa's TV when I was a tyke...Grandpa had a circular antenna on top of the TV instead of rabbit ears...you could even turn the antenna by turning a dial (electric) it was attached to instead of adjusting it by hand to get better reception. We always had an outside antenna at home. Funny thought...I remember Mrs. Dempsey, an older lady who's pasture we had my horse pastured in when I was a kid, complaining about "One of these days people ain't even gonna want to get up out of the chair to change the channel on the TV."

No truer words were ever spoken.

Now...back to pizza and chili. That is a thought. Put some REAL chili on pizza dough in a Dutch oven for chili pizza...the good thick stew stuff so it won't soak the crust too much, and bake the crust a bit before you put the chili on the dough to help with not soaking the crust. I wonder if that would be allowed in a chili competition? :thumbup:

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Great work on the Dutch Oven Pizza Mike, it looks perfect. I bet the crusty was delicious.

You planted the seed, and helped me narrow down my dutch oven choice. I look forward to making Pizza in it soon.

I thought you may have tried it already. Oh, wait a minute, your in Canada...and it's winter...never mind.

It got to 78F here today. :biggrin1:

Tomorrow is another story though.

Last edited:
I thought you may have tried it already. Oh, wait a minute, your in Canada...and it's winter...never mind.

Yeah, still winter here. It's a warm winter thought and we can still see a log of grass.

I keep meaning to pull out the Dutch Oven more, but it always gets overlooked.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Mike, I would love to see some biscuits cooked up in there. With the sausage gravy waiting in the wings.

Order up please.:laugh:

Okay, you got it. Pero...supposed to get cold and wet here in the next few days. Will wait for a little break in the weather before I do another outside cook in the open. I don't think hot coals will do real good on my covered wooden decks. Your order may be a bit late.

Biscuits will be in the DO, but the sausage and gravy need to be made in a cast iron skillet...over a wood fire burned down to coals of course.

Is that O.K.?

Edit: Oh, how do you want your eggs?

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Okay, you got it. Pero...supposed to get cold and wet here in the next few days. Will wait for a little break in the weather before I do another outside cook in the open. I don't think hot coals will do real good on my covered wooden decks. Your order may be a bit late.

Biscuits will be in the DO, but the sausage and gravy need to be made in a cast iron skillet...over a wood fire burned down to coals of course.

Is that O.K.?

Edit: Oh, how do you want your eggs?

Give me your address.

Top Bottom