What's new

Pizza Pizza: A Story About Tomatoless Chili (And other uses for a dutch oven)

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Made a pizza in the 10 inch outdoor Dutch oven last night: Pepperoni, Italian sausage, Canadian bacon, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, onions, mushrooms, and black olives, along with Ragu pizza sauce.

It is soooo good..only two pieces left, and there's only two people eating it. Next time I'm going to use the 12" DO.

Attachments

• $056.JPG
    $056.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 115
  • $065.JPG
    $065.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 115

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hey Mike-Simon, I bet that pizza crust isn't gluten free.:ouch1: Is there anything you can't do...with a dutch oven? :laugh: Delicioso.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Thanks guys. I preheated the lid with as many coals as I could get on it, then put a ring of coals around the bottom and baked the crust for about 5 minutes before I put the toppings on. I think it only took about 15-20 minutes to cook...didn't really time it, just cooked it 'till it looked done. Quick, easy dinner.

Is there anything you can't do...with a dutch oven?

I can't make chili. :biggrin1:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Thanks guys. I preheated the lid with as many coals as I could get on it, then put a ring of coals around the bottom and baked the crust for about 5 minutes before I put the toppings on. I think it only took about 15-20 minutes to cook...didn't really time it, just cooked it 'till it looked done. Quick, easy dinner.

I can't make chili. :biggrin1:

What about chili without tomato sauce?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
What about chili without tomato sauce?

Chili HAS to have tomatoes...and beans. :lol:

Oh, you mean like this:

proxy.php

I think you're confused with Beef Stew.

Technically, REAL chili is a form of stew. SWMBO makes her chili with hamburger meat and tomato sauce...I call it chili soup. The chili I make I call chili stew.

Heh heh, a Louisianan and Texican in a "discussion" over chili...this could get good.

:popc:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I think you're confused with Beef Stew.

The steward of the Mess Hall really needs to get out more.

Oh, you mean like this:

proxy.php

Technically, REAL chili is a form of stew. SWMBO makes her chili with hamburger meat and tomato sauce...I call it chili soup. The chili I make I call chili stew.

Heh heh, a Louisianan and Texican in a "discussion" over chili...this could get good.

I think both of ya'll missed this one check it out:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/437091-Texas-Red-Chili-Recipe

Be sure to scroll down for pictures.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Nope, didn't miss it...next batch of chili I make I'm gonna try your competition ready version.

:lol::lol::lol:

I knew you knew better. :001_cool: Well, I'm still tweaking the "ready" part.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Mike-Simon. I just had to clear a few things up. :a53:

Oh, you mean like this:

Hah! I tend to consider myself "unaffiliated" in the chili camp. If you call it chili, and it's not gross, that's good enough for me.

The steward of the Mess Hall really needs to get out more.

:lol:
Really, I was just trying to be funny.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
No need to apologize for a hijack; I just may need to re-title the thread to Pizza Pizza with a Side of Chili. :biggrin1: Feel free to continue.

When you said "What about chili without tomato sauce?" I thought you were referring to my old San Antone Chili thread. My bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom