What's new

Replacement scales on the www.

Hey all,

The blade cleaning is coming along nicely, lots of hand hours in polishing that blade. The only downfall is that the scales are in a little bit rougher shape then I could see in the pictures. Where can I find replacement scales? I am not going insane, just simple black, white or tortoise shell plastic scales. I am pretty new to the hobby so I didnt feel like spending a whole lot of money just yet. Anything you guys have would be awesome. Thanks!

Cheers,

Fonz

Magard Razors sells some basic scales. I bought some buffalo scales from Texas Knifemakers Supply. If you have some basic tools you might want to try and make your own. There are lots of videos on youtube. I ended up making a set out of rosewood and they turned out pretty nice. If you post some pics of your scales it may turn out that they can be saved. There are alot of helpful people with alot of experience here that might share a few restoration tricks.

Awesome, I will snap some pics and throw them up. I like the idea of wooden ones though. Seems alot classier

Top Bottom