What's new

Need the help of a Photoshop expert

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I have some prints of old pictures and they are all in a very bad shape.
This is an example of how they look like.
Can they be salvaged and brought to a minimally normal shape by Photoshop or by some other tool?

$1.jpg

It can be restored. I used to be a graphic designer 10+ years ago and would have been capable of restoring it, although it would have been a slow process. People who specialize in this kind of work can do it much faster (and better).

I had a family member use www.bestphotorepair.com , but I have never personally used them.

yes it can be restored.
They can use the clone tool to clone areas of texture and light/darkness to get rid of the horizontal lines. or if your not worried about detail, using the blur filters.

If you have the negatives I could gladly help you out in doing some fresh prints.

How many prints are we talking about? Are they actual prints on photographic paper, or are they halftone reproductions in a magazine/book/newspaper? That is a big one, because if they are printed reproductions, they will likely need to be descreened, and probably lack a lot of the real resolution needed to restore them properly. I'm assuming this is a low res scan?

Just looking at the image above, there seems to be lots of detail and the damage seems quite repairable.
if you have a Costco nearby, they have photo repair service and you might experiment with one or two of your prints.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
The problem is I don't have negatives. But thanks for all the advice guys.

p.s

Can someone give me a rough estimate of how much time it would take a knowledgeable operator to repair such a picture with a proper program?

Last edited:
Top Bottom