What's new

DE + MachIII/Fusion Shaves

Ok...........I must admit that it did take me some time to get used to a DE, but now I cant go without using one. BUT..........I must finish with a Mach III or Fusion.

Here's my ritual:

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post
SCS Almond Soap and Taylor Almond Cream Mixed
Badger Brush
Parker Razor
Sharp Blade
WTG/XTG/ATG Shave with DE
Touch up chin (BUFF), adams apple and upper lip with Mach III or Fusion
WWR then CWR
After Shave of the day
Nivea Balm
=
BBS for me

I just cant get so close with DE alone........SO....I will be keeping my Gillette's around.

BUT, I was in a rush yesterday and thought I'd go back to a fast Fusion shave. Boy was I wrong. I had a 3/4 day beard and put the Fusion down after 1 WTG pass as it felt like it was pulling my skin off of my face. I cant believe I shaved with a Mach III/Fusion for so long before going DE. With a DE I get NO pulling of the skin/irritation/redness whatsoever.

Jet --

I recommend that you quit using the Fusion/M3 as a crutch. I will offer the following as a bit of wisdom: "You cannot, _CANNOT_, learn to shave with a DE by using a cartridge razor".

If you shave with a DE only, your technique and shave results will gradually improve beyond what you can achieve with a cartridge razor. You won't get there going as you are.

Hang in there, and good luck.

-- John Gehman

You must also consider that the wtg/xtg/atg is 3 passes. Going and using an m3 or fusion adds 3 passes per stroke. That'll lead to irritation and raw skin.

+1

It might take you a few weeks to do it, but you'll soon be getting near BBS shaves. You should at least try a DE only shave on weekends or whatever. That way you get some practice.

Top Bottom