What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Stirling fanboy here!

I have about 15 Stirling soaps in my rotation right now, i really recommend:
Ben Franklin: smells like a spicy root beer float with earthy undertones, fantastic!
Margaritas in the arctic: great lemon scent with a nice cooling effect.
Tuscany: it's a really nice scent, hard to describe.
Bay rum: Rods Bay rum has hints of cider and smells great.

Those are my top 4 scent wise. With Nag Champa at a closer #5.

Good luck!

I really like the sharp dressed man. It's subtle, but it seems to stay with me for a long time throughout the day.

I also have barbershop and Ozark Mountain that I haven't opened yet. As far as the Ozark Mountain, I'm not crazy about the scent of the puck. It seems very musky (i.e. hint of urine) to me. Does it smell any different once you've got it lathered? I'm debating whether or not I should just send it along in a passaround box I have coming.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Glad its not just me. You know, I was thinking about it and a couple things occurred to me. One, people are attuned to different scents and so smell the same fragrance differently. It could be I'm super-sensitive to the lemongrass smell and not as sensitive to the other scents in the soap, so it just smelled like a lump of lemongrass to me. Maybe someone else would pick out the vetiver notes better and it smells more well blended to them. Second, we all have different touch perceptions on our skin as well. It could be that I'm not very sensitive to the mud, so it didn't feel any different to me than the non-mud soaps. Maybe someone else would feel the mud better and really enjoy the sensation.

Another hard core Stirling fan chiming in. My all-around favorite (scent and performance) is Ozark Mountain. Regarding other scents, I really like their take on Barbershop.

Thanks everyone for your input! I know scents can be very personal but it is nice to hear what others think, especially given Stirling's fairly large selection.

Stirling fanboy here!

I have about 15 Stirling soaps in my rotation right now, i really recommend:
Ben Franklin: smells like a spicy root beer float with earthy undertones, fantastic!
Margaritas in the arctic: great lemon scent with a nice cooling effect.
Tuscany: it's a really nice scent, hard to describe.
Bay rum: Rods Bay rum has hints of cider and smells great.

Those are my top 4 scent wise. With Nag Champa at a closer #5.

Good luck!

Tuscany is a scent that really intrigues me. I think I'll have to add it to the samples I buy.

I really like the sharp dressed man. It's subtle, but it seems to stay with me for a long time throughout the day.

I also have barbershop and Ozark Mountain that I haven't opened yet. As far as the Ozark Mountain, I'm not crazy about the scent of the puck. It seems very musky (i.e. hint of urine) to me. Does it smell any different once you've got it lathered? I'm debating whether or not I should just send it along in a passaround box I have coming.

I've read a lot of good things about sharp dressed man so it's been on my radar for a while. I want something that is classic and great for everyday use.

That's odd that your Ozark puck is very musky. Mine has almost no notes of musk. It's very "Christmas-y." Think strong scents of pine and earth along with cinnamon/cardamon and ever so subtle berry/cranberry notes. It is truly a fantastic scent.

Buy them all.

I love barbershop and Black Cherry.

I am patiently awaiting my order so I can try Ben Franklin

I would love nothing better than to click "Add to Cart" on every single puck. Unfortunately finances won't let me...

I've tried 4 scents so far, 5 more on the way so I could probably give a better recommendation when they come.
Here are the four I have. Lemongrass, Scots Pine, Hot Apple Cider, Lavendar&sage.

#1 Scots Pine
#2 Lemongrass

The other two I wouldn't buy again.

Just noticed the other day they added several new scents.. Man just when I thought I was getting somewhere with the scents now there are more to discover.

Top Bottom