What's new

Favorite 80s songs

I wanted to say Boys Don't Cry by the Cure but that's 1979 amazingly.

Back in the day - the "tastes great/less filling" debate was the Alarm vs. U2. Guess which horse I bet on.

'68 Guns - the Alarm

Last edited:
Stevie Ray Vaughan - "Life by the Drop" recorded between 1984-1989 couldn't find the exact date.

Last edited by a moderator:
While these aren't my favorite 80s songs , I like these two and for me they sum up the whole (early) 80s look and feel... And also when videos told a story -- that may or may not have had anything to do with the lyrics!

Patty Smyth was so hot!

I was focused pretty squarely on 60's and 70's music (especially Rush, Yes, Genesis, etc) in the 80's (despite the 80's being my high school and college years). However, there were a number of things I liked, especially the quasi-techno/pop stuff like this:

Erasure - I always thought they had very well written songs, and some of the catchiest pop stuff ever:

I remember when this one came on. My head snapped up and I thought, "What is this?!"
Still one of my favorite bands ever.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just realized it came out in 79- but there isn't much from the 80's that I like (and I was a teenager then)

Saw this band at Brassy's in Cocoa Beach, over spring break, 84'. Came home, and later that spring, this song was on Miami Vice...

Top Bottom