What's new

WOW this cologne is CRAZY good !

LALIQUE ENCRE NOIRE

just received my order yesterday from overstock.com ($35.99) for the 3.3oz Pour Homme EDT

this cologne is AWESOME !!!

vetiver, cypress, cashmerean wood and musks

I have lots of great colognes and many costing 3x-4x the price I paid for this and I must say I am VERY impressed, I read so many great reviews and decided to chance it with a blind buy .. I am so glad I did and will likely be ordering another bottle soon

... wife said " you smell CRAZY GOOD " :thumbup:

$IMG_0190.jpg

Looks great, what would be the closest scent you'd compare it to?

Scottie: I haven't tried or sampled as many colognes as the other guys here. But I can't say it comes close to anything I have tried or sampled.

Encre Noir is one of my favorites as well. Been wearing it a lot lately.

Bad enough I get sucked into new shave soaps but of course now I want this, Lord I have no willpower.

I am a huge Aventus, Armani Code, Prada Amber, Obsession, Gold, Oscar De Larenta fan how does this fit in?

Okay while I haven't tried it. I hear that Chanel Sycomore reminds people of Encre Noir in some ways, but is different. So this may be one to put on your to try list.

The Encre Noire is my favorite Winter scent, the Sport version that I just picked up adds a fresh note which is nice as the weather starts to warm up.

Encre Noire is a quality niche fragrance priced like a discount store knock-off fragrance. It's even a better bargain than the price suggests, as it quite potent (I use 2-4 sprays with most fragrances, and 1-2 with Encre Noire; the only things I've tried with similar strength are a few Montale EdPs). I've had three family members and friends buy it after smelling me wearing it. I recommend it highly.

EN is a great buy if you like vetiver. Unfortunately, my wife hates vetiver and can't stand it when I wear anything with vetiver featured prominently.

EN is a great buy if you like vetiver. Unfortunately, my wife hates vetiver and can't stand it when I wear anything with vetiver featured prominently.

I have heard about this vertiver and am intrigued by the description of its scent. I have some soap from QCS called vertiver on its way along with a few other sampler soaps. If I like the soap's scent I may just have found a nice fragrance to complement it after my shave.

Tim

oh man....blind bought, and will report back on whether or not I dig it. Thanks for all the opinions, they pushed me over the top :)

Can't wait to hear your report .. I really dig it and so does my wife, have also received several compliments from friends, coworkers and strangers
I think you'll definitely agree that's it's a fragrance like no other, very unique and way underpriced IMO

Samples are the way to go or more research on you tube or base notes. This was the one scent that got a you tuber a negative comment. I tried it and I do like this scent but it is not one I would wear often. You can look it up on basenotes for better information but to me it is exactly like a pile of wet October leaves close to a burned out campfire (smoke) surrounded but distant pine and pepper trees. It does not have that cheap synthetic smell, it is polished and refined and lasts for days.

grrr....this sites soooo bad for me. never heard of it but just ordered it cos of this thread :-D

I also EN early this fall and really like it. The name in French is black ink, and working in the publication industry, I can agree. On initial application, I get alot of press ink. After a bit it fades away, but if I sprayed a bunch on and then walked back into the press room, someone might ask if I had gotten ink all over me. :)

Top Bottom