What's new

Aqua Velva Glass Bottle in Spain ?

I was scrolling down ebay for shaving stuff (Obviously, what else could I possibly look for? huh loll) when suddenly I found several Spanish sellers selling these bottles. I'm a bit confused here as Aqua Velva isn't manufactured by Williams since 2009 but moreover because the actual stuff is sold in plastic bottles. Could this stuff be sold by another company than Combe incorporated (Aqua Velva actual owner) ? I mean we've seen that in the past, 2 company selling the same stuff because one has the brand rights in Europe and the other in South America. Could this be a 'Spain Only' Aqua Velva ?
proxy.php

Last edited:
I found further information on williams.es , it's currently available. I read an old post from a member of TSD who contacted their customer support, apparently they do not have the rights to sell in the Americas. My 2 companies theory could be right.

Is there any way we could get bottles of this? I'm very intrigued!

And so am I! Who could resist glass bottles and that vintage looking cap, very much like the vintage bottles from the 70/80s. I think I'll order a bottle, I'm ready to pay the 11$ shipping for science !

Forgot to ask... what link are you using to make your purchase? Also, have you searched eBay to see if anyone else sells it?

Don't know if this is real glass, but there is 100ml glass bottle made by Unilever, Italy.

I contacted the seller, he confirmed that it was glass. He asked me if the canadian post regulation authorize alcohol based aftershaves in glass bottles... I hope it's ok, now that I think about it I never ordered A.F in glass bottles.

Last edited:
Alcohol based aftershaves can not be shipped via air mail to North America. That being said, some European vendors do it anyway. If this one is asking about the regulations of shipping alcohol based aftershave to Canada, it's likely that they won't do it.

Alcohol based aftershaves can not be shipped via air mail to North America. That being said, some European vendors do it anyway. If this one is asking about the regulations of shipping alcohol based aftershave to Canada, it's likely that they won't do it.

According to canadian regulation, he can't ship aftershaves in glass bottles over 50ml. :-( the dream is shattered.

Here's the sticker of an old bottle of Aqua Velva bottle from spain.

proxy.php

The Sara Lee Corporation is defunct since 2012. I don't know who's the current owner of the Williams Expert/Aqua Velva Europe brand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom