What's new

Abandoned House with contents inside - Identify the Razor

Not sure if this is in the right section...Thought you might like to see the old shaver still left behind though...Can anyone identify it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...overed-abandoned-owners-half-century-ago.html

With polished silverware still in the kitchen drawers and outdated toiletries sitting on a dusty dressing table, these incredible photographs show a perfectly preserved home that was abandoned by its owners decades ago.
From the retro patterned wallpaper to the well out-of-date food in the pantry, the dilapidated home in Ontario, Canada, is a remarkable time capsule.
An urban explorer called Dave made the stunning discovery while he was looking at abandoned properties in his home province - and documented his findings on his website Freaktography.
'The sight upon entering this house was eerie, breath-taking and weird,' he said. 'There is the usual smell of decay and years of abandonment that one comes to expect in this hobby.'
Dave found musical instruments, including a gramophone and a stereo system that would have been state-of-the-art at the time, books and family photographs - offering a tantalizing glimpse into the lives of the former occupants.

proxy.php

Very interesting. I saw photos of a room that was left untouched by a family who's son went to fight in WW1. He was killed in action, and the family continued to leave it untouched. It was sold several times with stipulations to leave it as is and the previous owners have honored those wishes. Awesome to see an entire house like that, though.

Wow! I've seen a lot of old ranch/farm houses in similar states of abandonment, but nothing quite as complete as that. Very disappointing lack of old spice mugs though.

I wonder how much of a clue that book on death is to the homes condition.

Top Bottom