What's new

Goulet Pen Co. Ink Drop

I've been a member for more than a year. There was a two month hiatus while they changed the format in the fall, but that actually allowed me to catch up a little.

I love it - I always have new colors to try and I've found a few great inks from trying the samples.

I subscribed for a couple of months, the only downside is that you can end up with a lot of samples quite easily.
Haven't looked at it since the changes(so not sure if still an option), but I used to do the prepaid option and get it every other month.

My Misses is a member and acts like a kid at Christmas when the ink drop shows up! Will spend an hour or better going through all of them and making notes about each one then poc one to use for a week or so. I say for the money, do it!

I'm thinking about asking for this for my birthday or something. I think it would be fun. The question I would have is how do you hold all the samples? Would lab test tube holders work? I know some are too tall, but there might be shorter ones out there.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm thinking about asking for this for my birthday or something. I think it would be fun. The question I would have is how do you hold all the samples? Would lab test tube holders work? I know some are too tall, but there might be shorter ones out there.

Goulet will sell you a rack designed for the sample vials.

I have been enjoying their ink drop for a little bit, it gives me an opportunity to try colors that I might not otherwise try considering their vast number of inks. Be careful though, it can lead to many bottles as I'm finding out fairly quickly. :lol:

Bummer, I just placed an order for Goulet yesterday. I guess I will have to place another one sometime.:thumbup:

I just ordered one on Amazon tonight that looks exactly the same as the one Goulet sells but has an extra row so it will hold 50 vials, it was $5.99. Just search "vial rack" it was the first one that popped up, at least when I looked. A quick check with the caliper shows they will fit but will have it in hand next week.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Per smalldog27:
"I just ordered one on Amazon tonight that looks exactly the same as the one Goulet sells but has an extra row so it will hold 50 vials, it was $5.99. Just search "vial rack" it was the first one that popped up, at least when I looked. A quick check with the caliper shows they will fit but will have it in hand next week."

The Amazon reviews are full of users of the ink drop program

I subscribed for a couple of months, the only downside is that you can end up with a lot of samples quite easily.
Haven't looked at it since the changes(so not sure if still an option), but I used to do the prepaid option and get it every other month.

I agree. It's fun. It will interest you for a while but eventually you will end up with so many ink vials around that you'll never use or get through. I don't know about now but back in the day they used medical transport tubes. You can purchase transport tube holders from medical supply companies if you know what type you are looking for.

Per smalldog27:
"I just ordered one on Amazon tonight that looks exactly the same as the one Goulet sells but has an extra row so it will hold 50 vials, it was $5.99. Just search "vial rack" it was the first one that popped up, at least when I looked. A quick check with the caliper shows they will fit but will have it in hand next week."

The Amazon reviews are full of users of the ink drop program

I have the one from Amazon and it works fantastic.

Much as I want to support small businesses, for some things it's just not worthwhile to do so.

I have the one from Amazon and it works fantastic.

Much as I want to support small businesses, for some things it's just not worthwhile to do so.

Glad to hear it works great, it should be here tomorrow. I agree about supporting small businesses, I'm pretty certain that the $9 saved will be translated into another bottle of ink from Goulet soon anyway. :lol:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Well, there's no law that says B&B members have to shop at Goulet.

:001_rolle

That said, most of us have, and been pleased with the experience. They were supporting Vendors here back a few years ago when they were starting out, and even offered a "B&B discount" for a while (5%, IIRC).

Top Bottom