What's new

FAVORITE ORANGE SCENT and AFTER SHAVE

Neroli scent is extracted from the flowers, leaves, and bark of an inedible bitter orange plant. Orange family, for sure, but don't go expecting regular orange juice or peel aroma.

Don Marco's other scent note is from bergamot, another inedible member of the orange family. The peel, I believe. Bergamot also provides the aroma of Earl Gray tea.

I'm loving Florida Water aftershave. Mine is in the ethnic section at Walmart but it's available online. So good it's used for voodoo.

Cream - I'm not a huge fan but Cremo - it's a non-latherer. It makes a good superlather with other soaps/creams.

My neroli entry above reminded me that I have a puck of St Charles Neroli shave soap, so I shaved with it tonight. Amazing: great St Charles performance, plus that haunting authentic neroli scent.

Aftershave? 4711 cologne, mixed in my palm with 444 AS gel. 4711 cologne hits some of those fragrant neroli notes, plus some other citrus. Perfection after a neroli-soap shave.

I tried only yesterday the Orange Amber range by Claus Porto , great smelling shave cream and face soap. Alas no complimentary after Shave but they do a great cologne in the same range .

Gonna follow up to my last post and add chilled face Orange creamsicle, Mickey Lee Italian stallion and stirling orange chill if u like menthol.

Top Bottom