What's new

Well I finally posted on a thread.

so I might as well introduce myself. :001_smile

I've been shaving for over 40 years (yeah, I'm old). I started with a drug store TTO, if I recall correctly, and whatever shaving cream was cheap and available.
I went through a couple of electric shavers along the way, for the convenience, but switched back to wet shaving when an ATRA showed up in my mailbox. (The latest electric was starting to die anyway, so I though "Why not try this ATRA?")

ATRA cartridges stayed reasonable for a while, but when they hit a dollar each, and then a buck fifty, I started looking back at the "old" DE options. That was a bit over two years ago, when I found this site and signed up so I could see the pictures.

Since then I've acquired several three piece razors and several TTOs. My daily razors are either a Gillette New or a Tech, depending on the brand of blade, but I've change out the handles for some I made.
(a photo of the New is in my answer on thread http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/442784-4-inch-handle-for-my-NEW )

Since then I've also tried using a straight razor (not my preference due to awkwardness, but I learned a bit about shaving from that). And I've found a couple of Rolls Razors, which I think are pretty nice, but I save them for special shaves. :thumbup1:

Well, that's my brief outline; I'll probably start posting to more threads soon.

Ed

Welcome to B&B! Glad to have you here.

It looks like you have a wealth of shaving experience, and those are some neat looking handles you made!

so I might as well introduce myself. :001_smile

I've been shaving for over 40 years (yeah, I'm old). I started with a drug store TTO, if I recall correctly, and whatever shaving cream was cheap and available.
I went through a couple of electric shavers along the way, for the convenience, but switched back to wet shaving when an ATRA showed up in my mailbox. (The latest electric was starting to die anyway, so I though "Why not try this ATRA?")

ATRA cartridges stayed reasonable for a while, but when they hit a dollar each, and then a buck fifty, I started looking back at the "old" DE options. That was a bit over two years ago, when I found this site and signed up so I could see the pictures.

Since then I've acquired several three piece razors and several TTOs. My daily razors are either a Gillette New or a Tech, depending on the brand of blade, but I've change out the handles for some I made.
(a photo of the New is in my answer on thread http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/442784-4-inch-handle-for-my-NEW )

Since then I've also tried using a straight razor (not my preference due to awkwardness, but I learned a bit about shaving from that). And I've found a couple of Rolls Razors, which I think are pretty nice, but I save them for special shaves. :thumbup1:

Well, that's my brief outline; I'll probably start posting to more threads soon.

Ed
We look forward to your threads Ed.:thumbup1:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I would say, "Welcome!" but you've been hear a lot longer than I have, so I'll just say:

Great to finally hear from you, Ed! :thumbup:

Hello and welcome, Ed. Great to have you here. B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You will learn a lot here.

Welcome, Ed. You're going to love this site. A library's worth of reading material and some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet online. Good luck and have fun!

Welcome aboard the Goodship B&B! Glad you are enjoying your shaves. My journey between the 1970's and now was similar. It only took me 335+ years to come back to a DE!

P.S. There are a few of us "graybeards" around here!

Welcome aboard the Goodship B&B! Glad you are enjoying your shaves. My journey between the 1970's and now was similar. It only took me 335+ years to come back to a DE!

P.S. There are a few of us "graybeards" around here!
That's a long time

I started with a Gillette TTO of my long departed father. Unfortunately I was only 4 or 5 at the time, and it turned out to be a rather gruesome experience. I'm glad I still have my lips after that one. Been shaving for 30+ years, so you're still ahead of me. I went from the Gillette to multis, back to DE's, and I'm just practicing with my first straight. This forum is a good place for newbs or for vets. Glad to see your thread!

Top Bottom