What's new

SOTD "Artisinal Shave Soap" Theme Week 26 January to 1 February 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHAVE FOR THE 26TH OF JANUARY 2015

Hello all:

Another fantastic shave with the "Mé Siroco" soap. It has a sandalwood fragance, however it has very nice touches of mandarin, coffee and chocolate which makes it very subtle. This soap creates a awesome lather, not as much as an English cream, but your skin will really feel the slickness, protection and moisturizing effects. The cute anecdote is the color of the lather which is a soft orange, it is fantastic!!!

Pre: Nothing
Soap: Siroco from Mé
Brush: artisan @druida, model: barber, 24mm x 50mm, badger Finest Manchurian
Razor: Above The Tie M1
Blade: Feather 3rd use
Basalm: BullDog
After Shave: Myrsol "Agua Balsamica"
Lather in Suribachi

RESULT:
The fragrance is not intense or strong, it more subtle than I expect and like. However, it is quite a adorable smell once it is lathered, specially when we can detect that touch of mandarin and coffee. What I really love about shaving with the Mé soaps is that after each shaving pass, I spread out with my hands the remainder of lather in my face til it is absorbed completely by my skin. The properties of this lather will create an extra layer of slickness and protection that will make the second pass of the blade extremely soft and pleasurable.

What can I say about the ATT? It is a great razor, soft but effective till the end and it produces a sound that is angel music to our ears. The M1 is extremely soft but it does the job without a doubt.

Tools used:
proxy.php

Soap Orange Lather:
proxy.php

Lather in the Brush, amazing quality and perfect balance between density and hydration:
proxy.php

Lather applied in my face:
proxy.php

There have been some truly outstanding photos this week. I hope to make time for a few more photos this week as well. Today's shave as follows:

Simpson Eagle G3 in Best
Mike's Vetiver Shave Soap
Fat Handled Tech/ Feather
Gillette Cool Wave
Lalique Encre Noire

hear the wind howl<br />
(confounding expectations &amp; NOAA)<br />
attachment.php
<br />
jabonman, weatherman, man's face stuff ... oriental breezes &amp; stiff breezes.<br />
shortfalls of snowfall.<br />
leo kotke.<br />
it's all good.<br />
<br />
* ATT R2 Atlas * Astra SP * Simpsons restored vintage Commodore * Brisa de Orient *<br />
<br />
some cloudy day<br />
<br />
youtube_share video<br/>

Nice!

Koodos to the gentleman who posted the lather and the face shot. I have often wondered why are there no after shots of the shaves of the day here. Nobody want to share the shave result or the BBS, DFS? Sorry if i am ignorant on this Maybe SOTD means just tools and product and not actually the "shave" of the day?

Koodos to the gentleman who posted the lather and the face shot. I have often wondered why are there no after shots of the shaves of the day here. Nobody want to share the shave result or the BBS, DFS? Sorry if i am ignorant on this Maybe SOTD means just tools and product and not actually the "shave" of the day?

Welcome to the forum and the SOTD! I highly doubt anyone would want to see me with a lathered face and would much prefer to see my outdoor pics! The natural beauty of Vancouver is much lovelier than I will ever be! :lol:

Planned SOTD 01/28/2015
Razor: Standard Raw
Blade: Super Iridium (9)
Brush: RV Butterscotch 28mm Super Silvertip
Bowl: Doug Smith 5" Shaving Mug
Pre Shave Scrub: SPAtopia Dead Sea Scrub
Pre Shave Oil: Iced Mojito
Shave Soap: Mikes Bay Rum
Aftershave: Krampert's Acadian Spice Bay Rum

$P1050505.JPG

Semogue 1800
Jabonman Madreselva (honeysuckle) Soap
Ikon Shavecraft 102/Gillette Silver Blue
Bump Patrol Aftershave Lotion

Original Vetiver - Creed

Face-lathered with Mike's Natural Bay Rum, one of my favorites, today. It is slick, rich, with a fantastic scent that lingers just long enough, and what a face-feel!

$SOTD 012715.jpg

Mike's Natural Bay Rum | Semogue Mistura LE | Schick "G" Series | Personna Super Platinum (3)
Thayer's Lavender | Cool Water

Thanks for the various compliments about the pics guys, much appreciated!

Decided it was kind of a Slim day today, so fired up a feather and teamed it with some Wickhams Super Smooth...great soap, lovely shave.

Menthol Monday
$20150126_043345.jpg
and Tuesday
$20150127_043418.jpg
and Wednesday...
$20150128_043349.jpg
Been very busy, but great photos all week from you fine gentlemen!
Have a Great Wednesday Gents!

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5 power
KIEHL'S Facial Fuel Energizing Face Wash

PRORASO Pre- Shave Cream - white range
PRORASO Shaving Soap Bowl - Red range

Omega 621 Pure Badger Shaving Brush
PRORASO Liquid After Shave Cream-White range

KIEHL'S Heavy Lifting Eye Repair
KIEHL'S Facial Fuel Energizing Moisture SPF 15
Eau de Toilette : CHANEL ANTAEUS

Gillette SS/Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum, Omega 80266, PannaCrema Labdano (graciously PIF'ed by mikeschu, thanks), Avon Everest AS, Stag Talc. Good Day Gents!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 103
Wednesday 28 January 2015

proxy.php

Le Grelot 68 Le Petit Coiffeur, 5/8 Quarter Hollow, Round Point

I like Le Grelot razors, including this "Le Petit Coiffeur", although not in perfect conditions - the one who owned it before I bought it did not a good job in honing, the point in particular - but it is however a lovely shaver. As for the soap, Martin De Candre is among my favorite ones and their "Fougère" fragrance is very charming. A good shave ended with my beloved Bay Rum, round and smooth, it has been the perfect companion.​

• Pre-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • Soap: Martin De Candre Fourgère
  • Brush: Omega Syntex 90081
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Le Grelot 68 Le Petit Coiffeur, 5/8 Quarter Hollow, Round Point
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extra Virgin Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Wednesday

Brush: Rooney Stubby 1
Cream: Coate's Lime
Razor: Merkur HD