What's new

Favorite synthetic

Two favorites (for all three reasons) - 21mm Muhle Rytmo Black Fibre and 21 mm Muhle v2 STF
Others I have - L'Occitane Plisson (almost too soft). hjm (great v1 but not dense enough), 25mm Muhle XL v2 STF (too big)

I would have a hard time choosing between the Plisson Cade and the Muhle STF 2.0 for your numbers 1 and 3, but for number 2 the Muhle definitely wins as the handle feels much nicer than the cheapo handle on the Plisson. I think most people would probably consider the Muhle superior for face lathering, but I think they are very equal here as well. I really like them both.

1. L'Occitane Plisson
2. The Grooming Co. Synthetic
3. Muhle 31k256 Gen 1

These are the only 3 I own, and it is a photo finish horse race on which one I like best.

From the Body Shop, to the Hi-Omega, to the Edwin Silver Tip small. The EJ is definitely a keeper! It did a wonderful job of Williams for me tonight, and it lathers creams just looking at them! That said, the Omega is just as good, it's a size thing for me. Just like smaller brushes.

I have a write up about these:

attachment.php

It's located here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/392181-Synthetic-brush-shootout

Hope this helps!

1. very soft - Muhle Black Fibre
2. great feel in the hand - Chubby 2 Synthetic
3. face and bowl - Muhle Silvertip Fiber 23 mm

I just tracked down a Plisson for $40, should I go grab it? I was considering the Edwin Jagger XL for the last week, double the price.

Help!!!!!

I just tracked down a Plisson for $40, should I go grab it? I was considering the Edwin Jagger XL for the last week, double the price.

Help!!!!!

Which Plisson -- the one for L'Occitane or an original one? The former one is a great brush but I am disappointed that the knot has separated from the handle after less than 3 months of use (and drying the handle after each use and storing it on the stand). At least L'Occitane refunded the money (because they didn't have stock to send a replacement). If you are buying from an individual, be aware that if it comes apart, you probably won't get anything from them.

Which Plisson -- the one for L'Occitane or an original one? The former one is a great brush but I am disappointed that the knot has separated from the handle after less than 3 months of use (and drying the handle after each use and storing it on the stand). At least L'Occitane refunded the money (because they didn't have stock to send a replacement). If you are buying from an individual, be aware that if it comes apart, you probably won't get anything from them.

The one from L'Occitans store..... should I pull the trigger? I was going to get a EJ XL, maybe get the Plisson today, and wait a month to order the EJ XL ?

The one from L'Occitans store..... should I pull the trigger? I was going to get a EJ XL, maybe get the Plisson today, and wait a month to order the EJ XL ?

If you're buying it from the store do it. If you're buying it from an individual, as long as you are ok with the knot separating from the handle (there are several posts with pics) and knowing you won't be able to get a refund or replacement, you could get it.

The brush itself is superb. The durability of the construction is a problem.

Top Bottom