What's new

Single blade disposable razor.

If you had to use a single blade disposable razor, what would it be?

I am looking for a good travel razor and would prefer to use a single blade. How about the classic orange and white BIC?

You know, you could go for something different, and get yourself an old Gillette Travel DE Razor. They always come up on eBay in nice little cases, and are not very expensive.

If you desire to use disposable, Bic metal is about as close a real DE that you can get....that is if you don't actually find some disposable DE's, they really do exist, but both my votes go to Bic metal, loved them through college, outperfoms the 4-5 blade cartridges everytime for me

I use the Bic Sensitive everyday. No, not as my main shaver but to get the tight spots around my nose and to shave my head.

Tried using the DE on the head and just could not get the technique right to do it w/o major blood transfusions. And I'm too old to keep trying. So I do a two pass shave on my head. WTG using cream of the day and ATG using Leisureguy's Last-Pass Shave oil.

I expect to take Bic disposable with me when I travel to do the nose area and the head and also as a backup in case the checked blades get lost with the rest of my clothes.

If I'm put in the situation, I'll use a bic single edge disposable. The blue ones. I havent tried the metals, sensitives, or classics. I dont even know what the blue ones are considered. I think theyre the cheapest ones you can get. 10 or so for 2-3 dollars. I just stick with one wtg pass when using them.

You know, you could go for something different, and get yourself an old Gillette Travel DE Razor. They always come up on eBay in nice little cases, and are not very expensive.

This might be a problem if he's planning to travel by air and only planning on taking carry-on luggage (DE blades are verboten​), but otherwise *very* sound advice.

This might be a problem if he's planning to travel by air and only planning on taking carry-on luggage (DE blades are verboten​), but otherwise *very* sound advice.

Since the OP hasn't been on the site in over 7 years, sadly it's sound advice he'll likely not get. :)

If you desire to use disposable, Bic metal is about as close a real DE that you can get....that is if you don't actually find some disposable DE's, they really do exist, but both my votes go to Bic metal, loved them through college, outperfoms the 4-5 blade cartridges everytime for me

You might want to write a review at Amazon. They're not trending positively, haha

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013PZ9E2Q?keywords=bic metal&qid=1444769652&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

I'd say that if you are currently looking for a single bladed disposable, you can't beat the Gillette Guard. You can only find them online from like WCS and fleabay, they are still a great single blade disposable. If I have to fly and can't DE, they are my travel choice.

I always liked the Good News 2 blade disposables. That and a can of foamy was my daily driver before I switched to a DE. Now, I have a hard time shaving with a disposable because I'm used to the heavy weight of a DE and I have to really apply pressure with a disposable to cut any stubble off.

Top Bottom