What's new

Old Ironsides

Who here is in love with this pipe tobacco as much as I am? Any one here ever found a bulk alternative match to this wonderful stuff? It appears they only sell it in 1.76oz tins :glare:

It's one of those tobaccos that immediately puts me in ponder mode. I like to think that it's the tobacco I'll be smoking when I'm 90 reflecting on life :001_rolle

Anyways just thought I'd start a new thread since it appears to be a slow weekend on the forum and I haven't seen Old Ironsides mentioned much when I did a search on the forum.

DC

Has been on my to try list for some time. I'm a fan of most Dan Tobacco blends. Would like to know what compares to it.

I thought you were talking about the USS Constitution, which is an amazing historical specimen. So what kind of smoke is Old Ironsides?

It's a high percentage of Cyprian Latakia complimented by Kentucky, Oriental, and Virginia tobaccos. Cake aged for twelve weeks.

I had come across a well aged tin in a local b&m (I even got them to discount the tin because it was "old") and it was a slice of mellow heaven.

Last edited:
Top Bottom